Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU vs Dunk City

Featured Replies

NKU men host Florida Gulf Coast Thursday in a big conference game. Need a big crowd to help upset FGCU who is tied for the conference lead with North Florida. Should be a great game. $1.00 beers and basketball, doesn't get much better.

I went Saturday when NKU dominated Lipscomb. Plan on going Thursday as well! Awesome place to watch a game.

Is the game at 7:00? I think I will do my best to make it as well, depends on bball practice.

Is the game at 7:00? I think I will do my best to make it as well, depends on bball practice.

 

Yes. 7.

Is FGCU still playing Dunk City style ball?

  • Author
Is FGCU still playing Dunk City style ball?

 

Unfortunately yes, they have three 6'9" guys, a 6'10" and a 6'11" guy. but their best players are their guards. Brett Comer put up 24 against NKU down there and Bernard Thompson has been all league the last couple of years. If they can stop or limit these 2 guys NKU can win this game.

Brett Comer put up 24 against NKU down there

 

I was going to ask if he was still on the team, I really enjoy watching him play.

 

Usually comes down to, is NKU hitting from outside or not. Are they still living and dying be the three ball? I know they worked it into Billups some. Coaching has kept me too busy this season.

  • Author
I was going to ask if he was still on the team, I really enjoy watching him play.

 

Usually comes down to, is NKU hitting from outside or not. Are they still living and dying be the three ball? I know they worked it into Billups some. Coaching has kept me too busy this season.

 

Yes and no, they still shoot a lot of 3's but here lately they've been doing a better job of getting it inside to their bigs first and then kicking it back out for a better look at the 3. Billups is 3rd in the country in FG percentage, it's a good idea to get it to him, he's having a great year. I think he has 8 double figure games in a row. He should be all conference.

BB guy...how many minutes is Billups playing a game? Didn't he have some health conditions earlier in his NKU career that kept him from being able to be on the floor for long stretches of time?

  • Author
BB guy...how many minutes is Billups playing a game? Didn't he have some health conditions earlier in his NKU career that kept him from being able to be on the floor for long stretches of time?

 

He did have a heart condition, but that seems to be behind him, he's playing 25 -30 minutes.

Billups is their best player IMO. Feel he can pretty much score at will in the paint against most of the competition they see, at least in conference play.

I feel like there will be a pretty good size student section there tonight.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.