Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you play a suspended player?

Featured Replies

You have a starter who gets suspended from school. Do you play him in the game his first day back to school?

You have a starter who gets suspended from school. Do you play him in the game his first day back to school?

 

I wouldn't have a problem at all if he played and resumed his role as the starter.

If he missed practice, I would say not... Sends the wrong message..

Most coaches, not all, require players to practice the day before the game. If the player was suspended on a Thursday and a game on Friday, I would assume that he wouldn't practice and wouldn't play. If he was suspended on a Friday, I could see him playing on a Monday night after practice on the weekend.

 

All of this is assuming the coach is "ok" with having the student be suspended in the first place. I think the fact that your player was suspended from school is the bigger issue here. If I have a kid that was suspended, normally there would be team consequences that would have to be in place to begin with.

Just depends on what the school suspension was for, the player's history, all that. Need more information before I'd say what I could do.

 

I'm not a believer in "zero-tolerance" policies for things like fighting that mean if someone walks up and just punches a kid, the victim can't hit them back and defend themselves without it being a "fight" (if it wasn't already considered a "fight").

 

Really just one of those things where I'd want to know more and would take lots of things into account.

Unless it was a situation where I disagreed with the suspension or the length of the suspension, he would come off the bench on the first day back.

"It's not who starts, it's who finishes"

What is the message you want to send to this player? When you answer that, you will have the answer to your question.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.