Male High School Basketball Coach stepping down at season end....

For the fun of it, who becomes a possible candidate???? I would have to think a name being mentioned or soon to be mentioned is Jerry Eaves perhaps. He is back in the Louisville community after moving on from a college Head coaching position in NC. I have no idea if he has any interest in HS coaching or not, but he would be well qualified and if he plans to stay in the area he could be the most high profile hire they could make.

For the fun of it, who becomes a possible candidate???? I would have to think a name being mentioned or soon to be mentioned is Jerry Eaves perhaps. He is back in the Louisville community after moving on from a college Head coaching position in NC. I have no idea if he has any interest in HS coaching or not, but he would be well qualified and if he plans to stay in the area he could be the most high profile hire they could make.

A weird name I heard last week was Coach Renner from Ballard. Half of what I was told was what spawned this thread...

I actually could see that happening and then Eaves to Ballard...LOL

Makes perfect sense for Renner to go there. He has worked with the Male AD and with the new principal Jury. Ballard would love to get Schooler back...doubt that happens.

Makes perfect sense for Renner to go there. He has worked with the Male AD and with the new principal Jury. Ballard would love to get Schooler back...doubt that happens.

It makes no sense, Renner wants to be an AD. Male AD is not going anywhere. Ballard gets who ever they want with no problems, it is a lot harder to get into Male. Thats why Bob Redman left as football coach. Renner is at the best job in JCPS he is not going to Male his next move will be for a AD job.

It makes no sense, Renner wants to be an AD. Male AD is not going anywhere. Ballard gets who ever they want with no problems, it is a lot harder to get into Male. Thats why Bob Redman left as football coach. Renner is at the best job in JCPS he is not going to Male his next move will be for a AD job.

Hows it workin' out for that football coach at Male these days? Bob Redman has coached at 6 different schools- and counting. Sometimes coaches just opt for a change.

Hows it workin' out for that football coach at Male these days? Bob Redman has coached at 6 different schools- and counting. Sometimes coaches just opt for a change.

Well he's been retired for at least three years. And I think he went to jeffersonville, Ind or new Albany can't remember which one. Then one other school. So two different schools not 6.

Male gets athletes and will always be loaded with talent. But there are issues with getting kids in who are on a lower academic scale. Ballard does not have those issues. Both are great jobs, I just do not see a coach who's winning at a high level at a top 5 school in the state at a job with less pressure (from alumni) leaving towards the end of his carrier. Everyone in jcps has worked with a ton of people.

I think Champ is the girl's coach there right now and doing very well this season. Male did seem to make the right hire with Wolfe in the HC football position. It is a critical hire and if Renner is not interested in reuniting with the former Ballard leadership now at Male then it is wide open. If he wants the new challenge, then perhaps he would be open to it.

I am not quite sure I have followed the storyline about the AD position at Male. Is it a former Ballard AD that has just recently left Ballard? If so, then if Renner is passed over for the Ballard AD job, it would be perhaps a factor in looking at Male regardless if the Male AD position will not be likely open for a bit of time.

Redman left when they closed the doors to non traditional kids (James Quick). Those doors have been opened back up. I heard from a former head coach that the Male football coach gets 15 spots a year. Male realized without it they couldnt compete with Trinity. Has helped Football but not in basketball. Male has had several transfers in basketball that were from non-traditional middle schools that have since transferred out. As for Renner, I only see him leaving coaching at Ballard for an administrative job.