Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Favorite Wrestling Announcers or Commentators ....

Featured Replies

and some of your favorite or funniest quotes by them. Who's in your Hall of Fame calling matches and what made you laugh?

 

 

 

I have to put the great Gordon Solie at the top of my list along with Lance Russell.

 

Bobby Heenan and the King, Jerry Lawler are two of my favorites for humor.

  • Author

Heenan said once, " You don't have to yell at me! I'm not blind!"

 

And on another occasion, when Bob Backlund was coming to the ring, Heenan said, " At 234 pounds, from Mayberry, Opie Taylor!"

 

 

 

bob_backland.jpg

 

^

 

Bob Backlund.

I always thought Mean Gene Okerlund was pretty good.

 

Liked Bobby the Brain Heenan as well.

 

Bischoff was pretty solid when he did it as well.

  • Author
Vince was the best.

 

Yes, Vince was good, especially with Gorilla Monsoon.

What about the King?

 

I've always found him annoying. To be fair though, I haven't really watched wrestling in about 7-10 years, so maybe he's changed. :idunno:

  • Author
I've always found him annoying. To be fair though, I haven't really watched wrestling in about 7-10 years, so maybe he's changed. :idunno:

 

 

You haven't missed anything. It's pretty pathetic overall.

The combination of Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse Ventura.

 

Bobby Heenan was solid, as was Roddy Piper when he did it for a while.

  • Author

Anyone remember when Mick Foley did his " It's Your Life" segment for the Rock? Out comes Rock's old high school gf who Rock says cut him off at second base. Lawler gives that high pitched laugh and says, "Even Moses couldn't part her legs."

 

On Mae Young, Lawler said, "Even her wrinkles have wrinkles."

 

On Terry Funk: " The only thing harder than his legs are his arteries."

 

When Val Venis was attacking Yamaguchi-San : "In a minute he'll be arrested for battering shrimp."

Mean Gene was the BEST !!! Loved that guy. I will never forget this clip of him training to be a Hulkamaniac. Hilarious.

 

[video=youtube_share;QwyUVfOQhgQ]

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.