Mason County, will the drought end?

So many unknowns, particularly the District draw. An Augusta/Mason first round game in the 39th? That would greatly impact the Regional Tournament (again).

Mason County is #1 right now and if the postseason started today, they'd be favored to get back to Rupp IMO. Assuming Wilson gets healthy, I still think Campbell County will have a say in things. If Harrison County can mesh with Jenkins, they'll have a say as well. Montgomery took Mason to OT earlier in the year. GRC can defend with the best & Scott can score with the best. Augusta relishes being overlooked & they have played their best ball in recent years during the postseason. Paris could return to early-season form, and Brossart has steadily improved from the outset of the season.

There's just so much parity in the 10th right now, it's hard to prognosticate much of anything. But as of now, Mason would have to be the favorite.

So many unknowns, particularly the District draw. An Augusta/Mason first round game in the 39th? That would greatly impact the Regional Tournament (again).

Mason County is #1 right now and if the postseason started today, they'd be favored to get back to Rupp IMO. Assuming Wilson gets healthy, I still think Campbell County will have a say in things. If Harrison County can mesh with Jenkins, they'll have a say as well. Montgomery took Mason to OT earlier in the year. GRC can defend with the best & Scott can score with the best. Augusta relishes being overlooked & they have played their best ball in recent years during the postseason. Paris could return to early-season form, and Brossart has steadily improved from the outset of the season.

There's just so much parity in the 10th right now, it's hard to prognosticate much of anything. But as of now, Mason would have to be the favorite.

When Mason beat Campbell in Alexandria, how was Wilson? Healthy? When this Mason team gets the momentum, they are hard to stop. Another two minutes against Lex Cath, the outcome would've been different.

Yes Wilson was healthy. Also in the Lex Cath game the Royals were without starter and one of the best defenders on the team Amani Thomas. They're with out him and another great defender/shooter Ryan Johnson against Holmes tonight. When the Royals get back to 100% I think they will for sure go to Rupp and have a chance to make some noise when they get there.

Yes Wilson was healthy. Also in the Lex Cath game the Royals were without starter and one of the best defenders on the team Amani Thomas. They're with out him and another great defender/shooter Ryan Johnson against Holmes tonight. When the Royals get back to 100% I think they will for sure go to Rupp and have a chance to make some noise when they get there.

Agreed. Amani is a impact defender. Ryan is a threat from deep. Who will be taking their places tonight? I know Garrison will be rotated in.

This group of guys knows what is on their backs. They're in the shadows of two high school greats, D-Mill and C-Lo. These young men want it more than anything. They have what it takes to go rounds with some of the top in the state. When healthy, and when their momentum is at it's peak... It's going to take a lot to stop them.

When Mason beat Campbell in Alexandria, how was Wilson? Healthy?

Yes Wilson was healthy, but teams sometimes improve from January to late February or early March. We saw that last year when Mason County beat Augusta by 17 & then lost to them by 1 in the District Tournament. Same with Campbell last year...they lost by 19 to Brossart in the regular season & then beat them by 5 in the District Tournament.

The win at Campbell was an impressive performance by the Royals, and especially Dorian Henry, but it won't mean anything when the postseason starts.

When Mason beat Campbell in Alexandria, how was Wilson? Healthy? When this Mason team gets the momentum, they are hard to stop. Another two minutes against Lex Cath, the outcome would've been different.

If Mason had gone to their scorer prior to the 4 minute mark in the 4th quarter the outcome may have been different. Lex Cath game was not about a shortage of minutes for Mason, it was about lack of adjustment.

Yes Wilson was healthy, but teams sometimes improve from January to late February or early March. We saw that last year when Mason County beat Augusta by 17 & then lost to them by 1 in the District Tournament. Same with Campbell last year...they lost by 19 to Brossart in the regular season & then beat them by 5 in the District Tournament.

The win at Campbell was an impressive performance by the Royals, and especially Dorian Henry, but it won't mean anything when the postseason starts.

Exactly.

Last season Mason beat Campbell by 14 in February.

Mason didn't make it to the regional tournament. Campbell goes to Rupp.

As a neutral observer at the LexCath game, here is what I noticed. Henry missed his first couple of shots and started to defer. Then he picked up his 2nd foul early in the 2nd quarter. I would call it more of a little loss of confidence and aggressiveness than a lack of getting him the ball. He got touches early in second half. Or at least it seemed like to me. I give credit to LexCath’s defense for swarming him all night.

With that being said, nothing is guaranteed at tourney time and the Royals must work through these things if they want to advance.