Bishop Brosssart 77 Nicholas County 42 (10th Region All A)

Never in doubt. Total dominance in every aspect of the game. I believe Hackworth had 17 first half points with 5 threes. 22-8 I believe after one. Got to meet mustang this evening. :thumb: wish I could have had more time to chat with him but he was a busy man this evening.

Never in doubt. Total dominance in every aspect of the game. I believe Hackworth had 17 first half points with 5 threes. 22-8 I believe after one. Got to meet mustang this evening. :thumb: wish I could have had more time to chat with him but he was a busy man this evening.

Nice to meet you too. I'm going to be at the Bracken-Paris and Augusta-St.Patrick games tomorrow. Maybe we will get the chance to chat then.

Our guys were pretty good tonight. When I suggested to Mike Code after the game that the first half of basketball was the best we played since the Augusta game in the "A" last year, he scrunched up his face. I left out a key word - offensively. He thought our defense could have been better but was impressed with the progress our offense is making.

11 Mustangs scored in this one, including sophomore Bryce Kremer, who scored his first varsity points and is now 9,995 away from the Brossart 1,000 Points Club.

Hackworth was on fire, nailing six 3-pointers, and finishing with 22. Zink had 11 and possibly a double-double. Gabe Roberts put up 10, Jackson Crawford 9, Jacob Zai and Dylan Geiman 7 each, Bryce Kremer 5, John Ridder and Joey Hickman 2 each and Justin Rolf and Logan Schultz 1 apiece.

Tyler Newton led the BlueJackets with 14, Conyers 9, Duncan 5, George 4, Webb 3, Letcher, Barnett, and Stafford 2 each.

Mustangs led 26-8 after one. 44-20 at intermission. 67-29 after three, and the JVs finished it out from there with the final coming in at 77-42.

Brossart advances to play Silver Grove on Monday night at 6pm.

10th Region All "A" Tournament

at Robertson County

Bishop Brossart 77, Nicholas County 42

Brossart (7-6) - Rolf 0 1 1, Schultz 0 1 1, Ridter 1 0 2, Zai 2 2 7, Hackworth 7 2 22, Kremer 2 0 5, Roberts 3 4 10, Geiman 3 1 7, Crawford 4 0 9, Zink 4 3 11, Hickman 1 0 2. Totals: 27 14 77.

Nicholas (5-10) - Morris 1 2 4, Letcher 1 0 2, Newton 4 5 14, Conyers 2 2 6, Webb 1 1 3, Barnett 1 0 2, Stafford 1 0 2, George 0 4 4, Duncan 2 0 5. Totals: 13 14 42.

Halftime: Brossart 44-20. 3-pointers: B 9 (Hackworth 6, Zai, Krener, Crawford); N 2 (Newton, Duncan).

Friday's Kentucky prep results

Someone for Nicholas went out early In the first quarter with a knee injury, not sure if that was Trussell

He went down with an injury against St. Pat the other night & didn't come back into the game. I just wondered if there were lingering issues from that. He's #24.

Nicholas county head coach has had a rough time, father has been sick so JV coach was coaching. Trussell was still nursing a high ankle sprain. Would've been nice to see some of the JV guys play the whole 4th quarter with the game out of reach, those JV guys will be the team to watch in a few years.

He went down with an injury against St. Pat the other night & didn't come back into the game. I just wondered if there were lingering issues from that. He's #24.

It could have been 24 but 33 was the number I was thinking. His mom was standing beside me when he went down when she checked on him and came back over she said whoever was looking at him was concerned about the knee. (ACL or MCL) bruise they were hoping a bruise anyways.