Late Sunday into Monday Outlook 1/11-12

nWo

I have a short amount of time but just to let everyone who might want to know. There is a possibility most of Kentucky may see freezing rain and ice this weekend. Now remember this is an outlook not a prediction. as of now it looks like most of this type of precipation will stay from around the I-64 corridor to the south.

I forgot to add that this looks to be a Sunday into Monday event. I'll try and update when I can. I know in the Bowling Green area they are calling for ice but there's no way of knowing how much,if and accumulation.

We have a 30-40% chance of below normal precipitation. On the other hand, that gives us a 60-70% of above normal precip. In the 8-14 day outlook have around a 40% chance of above normal precip.

610prcp.new.gif

prb_24hicez_ge.01_2015010812f072.gif

Chance of freezing rain map.

This is for around 7 am et. Sunday morning. As of now this seems to be a sleet or icing event. Don't see much chance for snow. I will try to update when I can.

Still staying clear of NKY?

As of this morning it seems that the storm will shift to the north and NKY is in line to get some of the possible sleet and ice. I should get a better read on it this afternoon or tomorrow at the latest.

prb_24hicez_ge.01_2015010900f072.gif