Unbroken

Hellbird

Saw the movie tonight with the Mrs.

I was somewhat dissapointed, in no way did it live up to the expectations of the book or even the previews.

Great story but you could tell it was Jolie's first attempt at directing. As far as story telling goes, she needs help with that aspect.

The movie itself is only 2 hours 17 minutes, but it felt like 4 hours because of the amount of time she spent on aspects of his life while just glossing over others. For instance, after the plane crash while he and a couple of his crew mates were in the ocean, she spent way too much time on that. What could have been 10 minutes dragged out for like a half hour. She had a problem with connecting the audience with the main character sometimes. As far as casting goes, horrible job on the Japanese Corporal in charge of the camp, he did not look the part at all. He looked very young and feminine. Looked like a 16 year old boy. Just didn't fit the part and they show a picture of the real guy at the end of the movie and that is who they should of cast someone to look like the real guy, not a choir boy lookalike.

Just didn't fit.

Overall I liked it but would have been better waiting for it to come out on Redbox.

I will still plan on seeing it in the theatre, just because I want them to continue making WWII movies. It probably doesn't, but I believe my attendance helps haha!

I'm bummed to read that you thought Jolie's directing attempt was pretty weak. I was really worried about that when at the end of the preview, I saw that she was the Director.

I will still plan on seeing it in the theatre, just because I want them to continue making WWII movies. It probably doesn't, but I believe my attendance helps haha!

I'm bummed to read that you thought Jolie's directing attempt was pretty weak. I was really worried about that when at the end of the preview, I saw that she was the Director.

She did great with the scenes etc and special effects but it was just how the movie flowed was kind of flawed.

Let it me know what you think of the Japanese corporal who was his nemesis. I just didn't like the casting of that part.

She did great with the scenes etc and special effects but it was just how the movie flowed was kind of flawed. Let it me know what you think of the Japanese corporal who was his nemesis. I just didn't like the casting of that part.

Pretty sure the actor is s pop star in his home country v

He is a pop star. Also this isn't Jolie's first time directing.

He just didn't look the part. His acting was fine, just looked out of place was what stuck out.

Jolie needed a little tweaking in her story telling is all.

Again, it's a good movie but could have been much better.

Disagree with HB completely. I was impressed and it is now either my favorite or one of my favorite movies of the year.

Like I said. It's a

good movie but felt could have been much better.

Curious is what you thought of the Japanese corporal casting.

I don't want people to misunderstand what I said about this movie.

Its a good movie, just not as good as I thought it would be with all the anticipation.

I am a movies worst critic only because that is my #1 favorite thing in life...movies. I was an actor, in a few movies, designed my basement and finished it myself centered around a movie theatre. So I tend to look deeper into movies other than just the story itself but how it flows etc.

This is is a good movie, just not as good as I anticipated is all.

there are other movies I had differing opinions than the majority in here. Gravity I thought was so far fetched, couldn't stand it. Avatar, just never got into it.

As a veteran I really enjoyed the movie. Those WWII guys really have my respect. But I think that I would have enjoyed it more if it hadn't been a fall back movie for me. I was going the 26th with my girlfriend to see American Sniper and we had been looking forward to it for weeks. Found out the 25th that it didn't come out in BG until 1/16 and we saw Unbroken instead.