Simon Kenton 53 Grant County 46

Very competitive game. Grant had the lead for 3 quarters before the SK defensive pressure and foul trouble ate away the lead. The big guard from Grant County reminds me of the guard from Anderson that terrorized SK for two consecutive regional finals. Looks to be an interesting district season with Grant County and Williamstown improving, and SK and Walton finding themselves.

Nice effort by Grant. Not SK's best game but still a District win.

Interesting strategy in the 4th quarter. SK up by one and held the ball on the perimeter of Grant's zone. Braves were content and about 4 minutes ran off the clock. Nice move as SK ended up with a three point and one off of the possession and protected their girls in foul trouble.

Struggling for the first half rebound.

16001945385_3a01b5b66c_c.jpg

Grant used a lot of fouls on Meier on the inside.

15999982521_9acb0c6663_c.jpg

15379695554_3395f405f7_c.jpg

Niece pulls down a tough pass.

15816203517_4a88f369b0_c.jpg

Wright celebrates after draining a buzzer beater 3.

15814568018_2a268333cd_c.jpg

Niece with a jumper in front of coach.

15815954399_5c32811d0a_c.jpg

Grant coach having his team stay back in the zone in the 4th qtr.

16001270872_b980370e51_c.jpg

This was a fun game to watch. No secret I'm a Lady Braves fan, and I think that they proved to themselves and to others they will be competitive. However, I have to say this; the officiating this year is horrible. They need to let the players play! I am not saying this because Grant lost tonight. It has nothing to do with who wins or loses at all. This was the 4th game I have been to this year and I have seen a approximately 50-60 fouls called every game.. really? We pay to come watch the kids play Not To Have A REF Call A foul every few seconds. My daughter has fouled out of a grand total of 4 times out in her middle school and high school career and 2 of those games are 2 of the first 4 games this season. The other 2 games she has finished with 4. The refs need to back off and let them play!! When both teams are in the double bonus almost the whole first half, and then almost the same way in the 2nd half there's a problem. And I have heard this from A lot of people watching these games.

Guest Scotty2hotty
This was a fun game to watch. No secret I'm a Lady Braves fan, and I think that they proved to themselves and to others they will be competitive. However, I have to say this; the officiating this year is horrible. They need to let the players play! I am not saying this because Grant lost tonight. It has nothing to do with who wins or loses at all. This was the 4th game I have been to this year and I have seen a approximately 50-60 fouls called every game.. really? We pay to come watch the kids play Not To Have A REF Call A foul every few seconds. My daughter has fouled out of a grand total of 4 times out in her middle school and high school career and 2 of those games are 2 of the first 4 games this season. The other 2 games she has finished with 4. The refs need to back off and let them play!! When both teams are in the double bonus almost the whole first half, and then almost the same way in the 2nd half there's a problem. And I have heard this from A lot of people watching these games.

Last year was the same way, they started the year calling everything and as the year progressed it seemed to get better. If I was a coach this time of year I would have my girls drive to the basket every time on offense because a foul will be called.

The Lady Pioneers are leading a charmed life IMO. They run their offense really well, getting great looks in the post, in transition and at the 3 point line. But they miss so many chippies. If Meier had hit half the chippies she missed she would have had a 30 point game and we would be talking about an emerging super star.

I don't share the enthusiasm for the stall strategy by SK in the 3rd quarter. SK's whole style of play counts on wearing down the opponent for a 4th quarter run. By stalling, it gave the Lady Braves a chance to rest. It seemed to me that they were about to hit the wall as their turnover rate was increasing, which is usually a good indicator of fatigue.

SK outscored Grant 25-13 at the free throw line.

The Lady Pioneers are leading a charmed life IMO. They run their offense really well, getting great looks in the post, in transition and at the 3 point line. But they miss so many chippies. If Meier had hit half the chippies she missed she would have had a 30 point game and we would be talking about an emerging super star.

I don't share the enthusiasm for the stall strategy by SK in the 3rd quarter. SK's whole style of play counts on wearing down the opponent for a 4th quarter run. By stalling, it gave the Lady Braves a chance to rest. It seemed to me that they were about to hit the wall as their turnover rate was increasing, which is usually a good indicator of fatigue.

You do realize Meier is only a Sophomore give her break! She is doing very good.

Very competitive game. Grant had the lead for 3 quarters before the SK defensive pressure and foul trouble ate away the lead. The big guard from Grant County reminds me of the guard from Anderson that terrorized SK for two consecutive regional finals. Looks to be an interesting district season with Grant County and Williamstown improving, and SK and Walton finding themselves.

Agree. Walton is off to a rocky start. Surprised Grant played SK this close on the road. Should be interesting indeed.