Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walt Allen

Featured Replies

This kid shows great leadership and maturity beyond his 18 years of age.

Walt is definately 100% class all the way. He is not only the epitome of a coaches dream, he is the epitome of what we all should strive to be as people.

 

Off subject

 

ukbellco14, Were you down in Clearwater last week? I thought I saw you when we were eating breakfast at IHOP one morning.

 

LOL...... WOW ..... its a small world. I was absolutely in Clearwater. From Saturday to Wed. Had to take a lil vacation for spring break. I was there with my girlfriend and her family, and I was at the IHOP every morning. Great breakfast.

I heard Coach Wright make a comment about Walt saying that 'He will be one of my best friends for the rest of my life'. It's not often that a coach says something like that about a kid.

The prayer after the game was one of the most touching things I've ever seen at a sporting event in my entire life. I didn't expect to become so wrapped up in a game between two teams that I barely knew much about except for having seen SL at Rupp in 2005. And what a game it was! One that I will never forget. Without a doubt, the best game of the 2006 Sweet 16. After the game, I also didn't expect to find myself fighting off tears. Most of the crowd at Rupp did not move until the prayer was through and I could bet that there was a big lump in the throats of all in attendance. I didn't realize until reading in the paper the next day that the prayer was Walt Allen's idea and in a heartbeat the lump in my throat was there all over again. Definitely the highlight of the whole tourney as well as my whole sports fan career. Walt Allen is a class act and he has my vote for the 2006 Mr. Basketball. He made the Sweet 16 complete.

  • Author
Great story...

 

Anyone know what Church Walt is associated with?

I know that he is attending Presbyterian College in I believe South Carolina.

Great story...

 

Anyone know what Church Walt is associated with?

 

First Baptist Church of London I beleive.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.