Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 89 Boston 65

Featured Replies

I recorded this one, was supporting local h.s. football team and just watched it. Aaron H. and WCS looked very good again. I thought that BU was extremely well coached and the zone that BU played imo exposed some things that U.K. needs to work on. BU being able to stay even remotely close was a testament to how well that team played. A couple of their guys got "chippy" with fouls , Ts that hurt them but I was overall impressed with how well BU played.

I have heard a few comments like "here we go again" and all that I can say is relax, I am pretty sure that the Cats will be fine :lol2:. As I said, I thought the Cats play vs. the zone was suspect at times. Noting that can't and won't be fixed.

On to Sunday night.....

 

on a side note, I wish that College BB and football would leave Friday nights for the High School kids, teams and supporters of their local high schools. JMO.

How did Nathan Dieudonne do?
He played pretty good considering who he was up against. He plays hard, does all the "grunt work / hustle" plays. He got a technical and was called on some other hard fouls. I think the T was more out of frustration, him and Andrew H. got a little shoving-was called a double T..

 

10 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists. Fouled out, with a technical.

 

6 points from the stripe as he went 6/6.

:thumb: As I said, I thought that he played well, even though he wasn't scoring he made the hustle plays and helped his team.
How did Nathan Dieudonne do?

He started and has been averaging around 35 minutes a game

I thought Ullis played his worst game of the year.

Boston U was a better team than what I thought they would be. I didn't realize they had won the Patroit Conference last year and was in the NCAA tourney. They played aggressive and didn't back down.

 

And they played UK with pretty much the same strategy that all their opponents will use this year. Pack a zone back on defense and hope that the Cats are not hitting their outside shots, which for much of the game they weren't. And also hope that the three's are falling for them, which for 2/3 of the game they were. The 3 is the great equalizer. However, like I told a bunch I was watching the game with, Boston wasn't going to continue shooting that accurate all game and UK wasn't going to continue missing like they had been. And when that finally happened it was off to the races for the Cats.

Dominique Hawkins scored seven points with one assist and one steal in Kentucky’s 89-65 win over Boston on Friday. Not bad for a kid who was trembling minutes before tipoff.

7_3250801.jpgDOMINIQUE HAWKINS was all smiles after his lob dunk to seal UK's win over Boston U. (Photo: Darrell Bird, 247Sports)“I was so nervous,” Hawkins admitted. “But it’s an amazing feeling. I’m blessed to be able to start for the No. 1 team in the nation. It was crazy. It felt like I was dreaming.”

Hawkins, a sophomore from Richmond, just 25 south of the UK campus, was called into action when Alex Poythress became ill. He found out about the promotion during a walk-through Thursday afternoon.

“Coach Cal asked me if I wanted to start,” Hawkins said. “Obviously, I said, ‘Yes.’”

But that’s also when the nerves became to roil.

“After walk-through, we’re supposed to take a nap, but I couldn’t sleep then for thinking about it,” he said. “I was just focused on not messing up at the beginning of the game. But when the game got going, all the nerves went away.”

 

'Nervous' Hawkins caps Kentucky victory with lob dunk

Dominique Hawkins scored seven points with one assist and one steal in Kentucky’s 89-65 win over Boston on Friday. Not bad for a kid who was trembling minutes before tipoff.

DOMINIQUE HAWKINS was all smiles after his lob dunk to seal UK's win over Boston U. (Photo: Darrell Bird, 247Sports)“I was so nervous,” Hawkins admitted. “But it’s an amazing feeling. I’m blessed to be able to start for the No. 1 team in the nation. It was crazy. It felt like I was dreaming.”

Hawkins, a sophomore from Richmond, just 25 south of the UK campus, was called into action when Alex Poythress became ill. He found out about the promotion during a walk-through Thursday afternoon.

“Coach Cal asked me if I wanted to start,” Hawkins said. “Obviously, I said, ‘Yes.’”

But that’s also when the nerves became to roil.

“After walk-through, we’re supposed to take a nap, but I couldn’t sleep then for thinking about it,” he said. “I was just focused on not messing up at the beginning of the game. But when the game got going, all the nerves went away.”

 

'Nervous' Hawkins caps Kentucky victory with lob dunk

 

I was really proud of Hawkins last night. It just goes to show how deep UK is this year. A couple of kids on UK's "grey" platoon would start for some teams just outside the top 25.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.