Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Well shoot, I know it is way early......

Featured Replies

Since we are talking rumors...

I also heard that Cooper may be losing Katie Smith and Rebecca Ruppel as well?

Ruppel moving to Boone district and Smith is moving out of state?

 

Anyone know for sure?

  • Replies 80
  • Views 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and here's another bit of information to keep us warm this winter.

 

Dixie's volleyball coach is stepping down and a high profile former alumnus is going to be taking over the reigns.

 

Morgan may be going to Dixie...(no, no one told me that. But its the off season and a Dixie volleyball fan rarely has a reason to interject on the upcoming season thread. lol Seriously though, there is a reason I bring it up. :) )

I had heard that Popova was transferring earlier this year, but don't know if that is still being considered. I think her family was moving.

and here's another bit of information to keep us warm this winter.

 

Dixie's volleyball coach is stepping down and a high profile former alumnus is going to be taking over the reigns.

 

Morgan may be going to Dixie...(no, no one told me that. But its the off season and a Dixie volleyball fan rarely has a reason to interject on the upcoming season thread. lol Seriously though, there is a reason I bring it up. :) )

I had heard that Popova was transferring earlier this year, but don't know if that is still being considered. I think her family was moving.

 

You are obviously speaking of Matt Long.

Since we are talking rumors...

I also heard that Cooper may be losing Katie Smith and Rebecca Ruppel as well?

Ruppel moving to Boone district and Smith is moving out of state?

 

Anyone know for sure?

 

 

No and No.

Since we are talking rumors...

I also heard that Cooper may be losing Katie Smith and Rebecca Ruppel as well?

Ruppel moving to Boone district and Smith is moving out of state?

 

Anyone know for sure?

 

Got an update and Rebecca is staying at Cooper but Katie will probably be moving this summer after club season is over. Grandparents are sick and her mother is moving back home to help talk care of them.

Didn't consider Morgan going to NDA....anything holding her back? Can she contribute to varsity next year?

  • Author
Got an update and Rebecca is staying at Cooper but Katie will probably be moving this summer after club season is over. Grandparents are sick and her mother is moving back home to help talk care of them.

 

Where is home?

You are obviously speaking of Matt Long.

 

That's the (well substantiated) rumor. This could change a lot of things at Dixie over the next few years. Matt is taughted by most people in the club world as the Best Coach in Northern Kentucky. Add to that his ownership interests in Tri-State Elite, and I think a great many kids that typically go elsewhere may start to re-examine where their final destination is.

"Best Coach in Northern Kentucky".....not sure I would go that far but he is recognized as a strong leader that has some very high level national recognition.

"Best Coach in Northern Kentucky".....not sure I would go that far but he is recognized as a strong leader that has some very high level national recognition.

Your right, the the Best Coach in Northern Kentucky coaches a HS Team in Cincinnati, but if you look you'll see that I never said I thought he was the best coach in Northern KY, just that other did, and they taught him as such. Matt is a Great Coach, and one of the top coaches in anyone's state, city, club, or HS. That is indisputable even by his opponents.

NKY and the Greater Cincinnati area as a whole have some very accomplished coaches. Not sure what the definition of "best" might be but I'm not sure most would agree. However for him to the be the next head coach at Dixie is a tremendous win for Dixie. Would love to know the Cincy HS coach that you think is the best?

Maybe "He is taughted by most people in the club world as the Best Coach in Northern Kentucky" should have "some" instead of "most"

 

I think that would have been easier for you to accept.:ylsuper:

I thought I'd add fuel to the fire....

 

Where's the best eight grader going to play next season and who is it.

I thought I'd add fuel to the fire....

 

Where's the best eight grader going to play next season and who is it.

 

Ok then. That's settled. Now who are the next great underclass man who we will see taking a departing seniors spot.

Sorry I don't have an answer for the incoming freshman question. I agree with where dallaslarado was going. Most current incoming freshman (current 8th graders) won't have a significant impact on the outcome of the region. dallaslarado didn't say that specifically, but it was what I was thinking. Most years, it seems like the most successful teams have a strong group of juniors and seniors. That’s probably true of all high school sports. Has there ever been a team with a predominance of underclassmen win the ninth region? If anyone has ever done it, it would be NDA. Maybe it was accomplished when Heidi Thelen and Ogle were underclassmen. However, I still think they had a fair number of upperclassmen around them.

 

And with all due respect to the poster that kept referring to NDA as being young this year. By NKY standards, they were one of the most experienced teams around. Just remember that most of these girls started playing when they were in third or fourth grade. Had they not been experienced, I doubt they would have been the runner-up in the state. Most teams look at NDA as being both talented and experienced.

 

I feel like I know what NDA, Scott, Beechwood, and NCC have to replace. My question is what will Cooper, Ryle, and St. Henry have to replace?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.