Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Well shoot, I know it is way early......

Featured Replies

Ryle loses pretty much everyone, so I don't see them beating NDA.

 

St. Henry loses a large chunk of their team and I don't see them beating NDA either.

 

Cooper loses some but has more depth and a great incoming class, but who knows what they will look like.

 

NCC only big returners are Freppon and McDonald and I don't think they have any depth to replace what they lost, so I don't think they can beat NDA.

 

Beechwood returns pretty much their entire team and could present a surprise.

 

 

Not sure how 2015 will shake up but I think Cooper and Beechwood are the only team that could/might possibly give NDA a run for their money.... maybe.... possibly.....

 

My way too early preseason rankings:

 

1. NDA

2. Cooper

3. Beechwood

4. St. Henry

5. Ryle

6. NCC

 

please don't attack me for writing this.... please

 

I'd say your picks are pretty much on the money!! Should copy & paste it come August 2015!!

  • Replies 80
  • Views 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must laugh at all the transfer rumors!! Reality is anything is possible between now & August. No name schools could have out of state superstars move in & big name coaches move out!! All that matters is who takes the court come August and who owns the court come October!! As of now (& based on players that don't graduate 2015) my "way too early" preseason NKY rankings:

1.NDA

2.Cooper

3.Scott

4.St.Henry

5.Ryle

6-10. Could be NCC, Boone, SK, Beechwood & Conner in any order.

I list Conner for the simple reason they return all of their main players. I know they aren't on most radars, but if they could figure out how much talent they actually have on the team, they could be a strong team. I know that they have all 6 players on their main lineup playing on NKJV 16-1 & 17-1 teams so they definitely have talented players that should be winning more than they have in the past!!

Okay...I'm ready...blast away!!

I don't think Ryle looses everything. Allie Stinson will make people say Ashley who? St Henry loses a few but not all. If Katie leaves cooper that will lower them but they will still be a top 6 team. The good teams always seem to reload. St Henry was supposed to be down this year, they were still regional runner ups. Beechwood was good but I don't feel they are close to getting over the hump to break into the top three. Scott did well but I doubt see them higher than 4 on the poll.

I don't think Ryle looses everything. Allie Stinson will make people say Ashley who? St Henry loses a few but not all. If Katie leaves cooper that will lower them but they will still be a top 6 team. The good teams always seem to reload. St Henry was supposed to be down this year, they were still regional runner ups. Beechwood was good but I don't feel they are close to getting over the hump to break into the top three. Scott did well but I doubt see them higher than 4 on the poll.

 

K Smith rumor is not true. She is not moving. She could be in the future, but not now. Also, incoming 6'1" MB from Camp Ernst could make things interesting.

K Smith rumor is not true. She is not moving. She could be in the future, but not now. Also, incoming 6'1" MB from Camp Ernst could make things interesting.

That's exactly why I laugh!! With the "Hot" coaching rumors & "Big" transfers gossip BGP is quickly turning into TMZ!! :popcorn:

I don't think Ryle looses everything. Allie Stinson will make people say Ashley who? St Henry loses a few but not all. If Katie leaves cooper that will lower them but they will still be a top 6 team. The good teams always seem to reload. St Henry was supposed to be down this year, they were still regional runner ups. Beechwood was good but I don't feel they are close to getting over the hump to break into the top three. Scott did well but I doubt see them higher than 4 on the poll.

Allie Stinson impressed me when I saw her play early on in the season when A.Bush was out. In fact, she was a big reason Ryle stayed tough against teams between her serving, hitting & defense!! If she stays healthy, Ryle has a good team returning, but that is also dependent on Barber staying healthy.

I'm not sure Allie has ever been injured. And she led Ryle's team in kills this season. Injuries are always a concern for every team.

Ryle loses pretty much everyone, so I don't see them beating NDA.

 

St. Henry loses a large chunk of their team and I don't see them beating NDA either.

 

Cooper loses some but has more depth and a great incoming class, but who knows what they will look like.

 

NCC only big returners are Freppon and McDonald and I don't think they have any depth to replace what they lost, so I don't think they can beat NDA.

 

Beechwood returns pretty much their entire team and could present a surprise.

 

 

 

Not sure how 2015 will shake up but I think Cooper and Beechwood are the only team that could/might possibly give NDA a run for their money.... maybe.... possibly.....

 

My way too early preseason rankings:

 

1. NDA

2. Cooper

3. Beechwood

4. St. Henry

5. Ryle

6. NCC

 

please don't attack me for writing this.... please

 

Anyone offseason updates?

 

Heard Morgan leaving Beechwood for NDA is a done deal.

 

Saw in paper NDA Junior committed to Seton Hall..Notre Dame Academy volleyball standout Madison Salkowski commits to Seton Hall

 

Saw Ryle Soph Bush committed to Purdue..

 

Where is Smith going to play in college?

 

If the NDA roster is accurate it shows they only lost 2 Seniors. I think they are the team to beat, and I wouldn't expect anyone locally to surprise them.

It does look like Belle is moving to NDA. I don’t think many people ever thought she would stay. There are other girls that Beechwood can plug into the hole she’ll leave in the middle. However, don’t get me wrong, it’s always tough to lose a six foot tall middle / setter with her skills. In the end, Beechwood will have two seniors next year and approximately 6 - 7 sophomores + a couple of juniors.

 

No predictions from me though, other than to say that NDA is close to a lock in the Ninth Region. The experience that goes along with having such a strong senior class should put them on top. After NDA, it’s up for grabs.

I think NDA may have had a few more seniors than that, but the Junior class is so strong that you won't notice. NDA and no one is close after that.

 

Morgan will be a Frosh/JV player her first year at NDA.

Sandman is probably right! A deep & strong senior class means Belle Morgan likely makes a bigger impact on JV this year and Varsity next season. the competition for the Libero spot and MB2 will be interesting but the depth at both spots is solid. The loss of Abby Thelen is a big one but I'd agree they are the team to beat.

 

The Region 9 freshman that will probably have the biggest impact at the top of the Region is Maria Tobergte, Outside headed to St Henry.

I suppose "impact" is a relative term. I've seen Freshman make an impact at a smaller school or smaller program - maybe gets them a few more wins. But the bar is high for the Cru - 4 of last 5 years in Regional Champ Match. Not a ton of Freshmen make an impact at that level because of the amount of talent.

Don't doubt Tobergte. She is a great player and is very aggressive and is wiling to take chances but she is so smart about it too. All around great player. Would easily be St. Henry's go-to.

Leah Metzger is the top incoming freshman IMO. Played varsity for Dixie the last two years, Made NKGVCA Divison 1 Honorable Mention as a 7th grader, NKGVCA Division 1 2nd Team as an 8th Grader. TEAM USA HP Select Division National A1 Team and Top 42 Holiday Camp the past two years. Plays OH / DS / S.

Leah Metzger is the top incoming freshman IMO. Played varsity for Dixie the last two years, Made NKGVCA Divison 1 Honorable Mention as a 7th grader, NKGVCA Division 1 2nd Team as an 8th Grader. TEAM USA HP Select Division National A1 Team and Top 42 Holiday Camp the past two years. Plays OH / DS / S.

 

Is she staying at Dixie?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.