Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier/Manual Predictions (6A Playoffs-2nd Round)

Who wins the 2nd Round match up between St. X and Manual 32 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 2nd Round match up between St. X and Manual

    • St. Xavier
      78%
      25
    • Manual
      21%
      7

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Both teams know each other pretty well, the victor could come down to which team has added few new wrinkles.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manual takes this one.
I do not believe Lucas can motivate his troops to spring the upset. Manual's season ended wen Nero was injured.
I do not believe Lucas can motivate his troops to spring the upset. Manual's season ended wen Nero was injured.

Why are you such a Lucas hater? You comment more on him than about actual football, he go out with you wife or what?

Why are you such a Lucas hater? You comment more on him than about actual football, he go out with you wife or what?

 

Took the words out of my mouth...

 

:popcorn:

  • Author

I can't speak for ths, but I'm not a fan of Dr. Lucas or Manual. It seems like every year it is "there year" and every year they are an average football team. I'm not on the "inside" so I don't know if they are just over hyped or if it's a coaching issue. I believe Dr. Lucas had some issues with Trinity in the playoffs a few years ago, so that could be a reason why ths is not a big fan of Dr. Lucas.

 

I'm not a big fan of Manual football more so than Dr. Lucas.

I can't speak for ths, but I'm not a fan of Dr. Lucas or Manual. It seems like every year it is "there year" and every year they are an average football team. I'm not on the "inside" so I don't know if they are just over hyped or if it's a coaching issue. I believe Dr. Lucas had some issues with Trinity in the playoffs a few years ago, so that could be a reason why ths is not a big fan of Dr. Lucas.

 

I'm not a big fan of Manual football more so than Dr. Lucas.

 

So by average football team, you are talking about a team that has finished it the top 5 in 6A 4 out of the last 5 years? I think there are several schools in this state that would like to be average, by those standards.

The issues that came about with Trinity had nothing to do with Lucas, it was between the AD at Manual and Beatty at Trinity.

Why are you such a Lucas hater? You comment more on him than about actual football, he go out with you wife or what?
I will not need to comment on him anymore this season after Friday night. I am not a "hater". I am a "dis-liker"!:madman:

 

Lucas talks a good game without much success. He places too much emphasis on the doctorate in education administration he earned online. I am friends with several in the coaching community and many officials. His insistence on the field of being referred to as Doctor and not coach is too much. It is a slap in the face of every coach in Jefferson County. As an aside, I am friends with four educators that do not insist on being referred to as Doctor, though they have earned their advanced degrees.

 

He is the ONLY public school head coach I have seen at local Catholic Elementary School games in recent years. On one occasion I witnessed Lucas talking his way into the PA box!!!! The Catholic High School head coaches have agreed to stay away from the non-Catholic games. This a "gentlemen's agreement" locally.

 

In my mind, my dislike started when Lucas called timeouts to allow his first string to score against the Trinity backups in the regular season game a few years back. A few weeks later, Lucas became upset with Trinity for running the ball for a late TD instead of taking a knee. He uses this as an excuse not play Trinity's younger teams. Lucas mocked his stance by scoring the final TD at McCracken County that wasn't needed last Friday.

 

Manual has bailed on playing Trinity during the regular season. I understand this is Lucas' decision. The matchup is always a good gate and the Crimsons are more competitive recently. I grew up near duPont Manual Stadium and always enjoy when Triniy plays there.

 

He is rumored among the coaching community to be the reason Trinity was removed from the Super District and replaced with Butler and PRP.

 

Simply put, I am not a fan. We'll see how long Jerry Mayes gives Mr. Lucas to match the progress Male has shown playing the "Green Teams".

Edited by thsrocks

  • Author

Yes Manual is an average football team. You can throw out records all you want, but in football it is all about what you do in November, and when is the last time Manual has been past the 2nd round? Average.

I will not need to comment on him anymore this season after Friday night. I am not a "hater". I am a "dis-liker"!:madman:

 

Lucas talks a good game without much success. He places too much emphasis on the doctorate in education administration he earned online. I am friends with several in the coaching community and many officials. His insistence on the field of being referred to as Doctor and not coach is too much. It is a slap in the face of every coach in Jefferson County. As an aside, I am friends with four educators that do not insist on being referred to as Doctor, though they have earned their advanced degrees.

 

He is the ONLY public school head coach I have seen at local Catholic Elementary School games in recent years. On one occasion I witnessed Lucas talking his way into the PA box!!!! The Catholic High School head coaches have agreed to stay away from the non-Catholic games. This a "gentlemen's agreement" locally.

 

In my mind, my dislike started when Lucas called timeouts to allow his first string to score against the Trinity backups in the regular season game a few years back. A few weeks later, Lucas became upset with Trinity for running the ball for a late TD instead of taking a knee. He uses this as an excuse not play Trinity's younger teams. Lucas mocked his stance by scoring the final TD at McCracken County that wasn't needed last Friday.

 

Manual has bailed on playing Trinity during the regular season. I understand this is Lucas' decision. The matchup is always a good gate and the Crimsons are more competitive recently. I grew up near duPont Manual Stadium and always enjoy when Triniy plays there.

 

He is rumored among the coaching community to be the reason Trinity was removed from the Super District and replaced with Butler and PRP.

 

Simply put, I am not a fan. We'll see how long Jerry Mayes gives Mr. Lucas to match the progress Male has shown playing the "Green Teams".

 

You say so much here that isn't true that I don't even know where to begin, but let's start with the 2 things that bother me the most with what you say. "He places too much emphasis on the doctorate of education" First, 61% of all graduate degrees in the fielderly of education are earned online. Second, the reason he prefers to be called Dr. Instead of Coach is because the emphasis on academics with his own children as well as the student athletes at Manual. He overcame great hardships to earn his doctorate and who are you to decide whether or not it is important to him.

 

Second you say that he is the reason that Trinity is in the other district next year. Seriously, you are out of your mind and don't understand the process and procedures when it comes to placement within districts for teams.

  • Author
You say so much here that isn't true that I don't even know where to begin, but let's start with the 2 things that bother me the most with what you say. "He places too much emphasis on the doctorate of education" First, 61% of all graduate degrees in the fielderly of education are earned online. Second, the reason he prefers to be called Dr. Instead of Coach is because the emphasis on academics with his own children as well as the student athletes at Manual. He overcame great hardships to earn his doctorate and who are you to decide whether or not it is important to him.

 

Second you say that he is the reason that Trinity is in the other district next year. Seriously, you are out of your mind and don't understand the process and procedures when it comes to placement within districts for teams.

 

That is a bold statement. Can you inform us on the procedures and process on the placement of districts for teams? I'm not exactly sure how they come to be and apparently you're in the know, so back up your claim.

 

I remember when my Dad told me Dr. Lucas asked to go by Dr. instead of coach, I smiled and thought it was funny, but since he has earned it he has the right to request to be called Dr. or not.

Yes Manual is an average football team. You can throw out records all you want, but in football it is all about what you do in November, and when is the last time Manual has been past the 2nd round? Average.

I agree that Manual has to get past the 2nd rounds, it's not like they are losing to average teams here though. They have lost to Trinity each year, who was simply the better team. Manual is hard pressed to compete with these teams because of numbers. Manual hopes to suit a freshman team of 20-25 players each year, because that is all that they can get in due to academic restrictions. While X, T, and H each have 50+ freshman.

 

But to be considered a legit threat they will have to beat these teams in November, bottom line we agree there! But fifth best team in the state is not average, just saying.

That is a bold statement. Can you inform us on the procedures and process on the placement of districts for teams? I'm not exactly sure how they come to be and apparently you're in the know, so back up your claim.

 

I remember when my Dad told me Dr. Lucas asked to go by Dr. instead of coach, I smiled and thought it was funny, but since he has earned it he has the right to request to be called Dr. or not.

 

This is dealt with solely on the state level with the football commissioner and the committee. No coach has say over what team plays in what district. The only say any team has is to file a request to play up class levels for travel considerations.

Average is a very relative term!!! Average can mean the "average". . . as in 5-5 W-L record. I think alot of people in the Louisville area consider their teams "average" if they get to the second round of playoffs... Above average if they go further. For X and T, I suspect average is defined as losing in regional final or state semi-final..... I think it all relates to what your perspective is and your expectations!!!!

I can't speak for ths, but I'm not a fan of Dr. Lucas or Manual. It seems like every year it is "there year" and every year they are an average football team. I'm not on the "inside" so I don't know if they are just over hyped or if it's a coaching issue. I believe Dr. Lucas had some issues with Trinity in the playoffs a few years ago, so that could be a reason why ths is not a big fan of Dr. Lucas.

 

I'm not a big fan of Manual football more so than Dr. Lucas.

 

They are definitely not overhyped, one could argue that Manual has collectively the most talent on any team in the state, if you've seen them in person, they REALLY pass the eyeball test, it is incredible the size and speed of the athletes they have on defense, from the defensive line to the secondary

  • Author
They are definitely not overhyped, one could argue thatManual has collectively the most talent on any team in the state, if you've seen them in person, they REALLY pass the eyeball test, it is incredible the size and speed of the athletes they have on defense, from the defensive line to the secondary

 

They're not overhyped, but yet were 0-3 against the top 3 teams on their schedule. How is that not overhyped?

 

If they're not overhyped then I can infer from your post that it's a coaching issue.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.