Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Early Predictions: Bryan Station at Central Hardin

Bryan Station at Central Hardin 22 members have voted

  1. 1. Bryan Station at Central Hardin

    • Bryan Station (7-4)
      54%
    • Central Hardin (11-0)
      45%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

A lot depends on which Bryan Station shows up. If the Bryan Station that outplayed Scott Co. for 3 1/2 quarters is the one, Bryan Station wins. If the one that almost gave the game away at the end is there they'll lose.

 

Central Hardin seems to be a really good team.

 

If the weather is as cold as they say it's going to be it favors Central Hardin, if it gets above freezing Bryan Station.

 

Is Central Hardin's field turf or grass?

  • Author

If scores against common opponents factors in then Central beat Dunbar by a larger margin.

As good as Central Hardin has looked this season I to think it depends on which Station team shows up. The Station I saw play LexCath was better than Bowling Green (not saying they're better Station was a much worse match up for LC) and capable of winning the whole thing.

 

I'm taking Station in a good game.

Honest Question:

 

Outside of Meade County who has Central Hardin beaten that leads anyone to believe they are a contender for the title?

 

Their schedule looks like they followed the Simon Kenton formula, building a regular season schedule of all schools in smaller divisions. The only 6A opponents they played were their 2 district opponents and a perennially bad Dunbar team. Have they been battle tested enough to compete with the big guns? Central's 2 "marquee" wins appear to be 5A John Hardin and 4A Collins but both of those programs are down this year.

 

They may well get past Bryan Station (their credentials are shaky based on their late season losses to Henry Clay and Ballard) but then they likely get the defending state champ. I don't see Central pulling that one out.

 

Sorry

If scores against common opponents factors in then Central beat Dunbar by a larger margin.

 

Football is all about matchups. Bryan Station played their worst game of the year against Dunbar.

I will say this if Central Hardin controls the clock and wears Bryan Station down upfront they will win.

Bryan Station is prone to moments of mental weakness that completely change games. It happened against Henry Clay, Lafayette and Scott Co. They ended up winning two of those three games but could have lost all three but should have won all three easily.

If scores against common opponents factors in then Central beat Dunbar by a larger margin.

 

Station beat Muhlenberg by a larger margin, giving up fewer points

I am not a Central Hardin fan but I have seen them enough this year to know they are the real deal. They have size and enough athletes to compete with most teams in 6A and I think they will beat Bryan Station.

Is Bryan Stations QB healthy? I heard he was hanged up a few weeks ago.

Is Bryan Stations QB healthy? I heard he was hanged up a few weeks ago.

 

Yes sir!!:thumb: Very hes pretty much had 2 weeks off

Bryan Station in good hands with trio of top-notch receivers | High School Sports | Kentucky.com

 

Nice article about Station's 3 SR receivers; CJ Walker, Quan Claitt, and Marcus Floyd who I think make up the best receiving core in the state.

 

How is CH against the pass?

 

Having watched every CH game this season I can tell you that the pass defense has shown some vulnerability in coverage, while the pass rush is quite good. CH has not played a pass dominant team like Bryan Station to this point, so it should be interesting to see how the game unfolds. CH has plenty speed in the secondary, but there are a couple guys who lack the height of that big trio of receivers. The grass/mud field will not be favorable to such a passing team and CH has a legitimate power running game, so they will have to shorten the game and play keep away from Bryan Station. I look forward to a great game and hope both teams stay healthy and warm. Looks like it's going to be well below freezing on Friday night.

Having watched every CH game this season I can tell you that the pass defense has shown some vulnerability in coverage, while the pass rush is quite good. CH has not played a pass dominant team like Bryan Station to this point, so it should be interesting to see how the game unfolds. CH has plenty speed in the secondary, but there are a couple guys who lack the height of that big trio of receivers. The grass/mud field will not be favorable to such a passing team and CH has a legitimate power running game, so they will have to shorten the game and play keep away from Bryan Station. I look forward to a great game and hope both teams stay healthy and warm. Looks like it's going to be well below freezing on Friday night.

 

Cold weather favors Central Hardin and I think it will somewhat negate Bryan Station's passing game. I think CH will pound it down Bryan Station's throat all night.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.