Pikeville Spring Practice

You're forgetting a few lineman mojo. Has Shurtleff been moved somewhere besides d-end? Trey Branham will be a load and he's just going to be a sophomore. Remember that name, you will hear it often in the coming years!

I knew I was forgetting a bunch just couldnt think of them, the branham kid looks good and the gibson kid looks good as well.

How many kids does Pikeville have out this spring? I know some that are out this spring will not stay with it when the 90 degree heat and 2 or 3 pratices a day come around but I heard that the numbers were looking pretty good this year. Do they have some big kids out and any new players out this spring? Honest question to those close to the team...do you expect them to be improved from last season? Coach Jackson is a great coach and if he has the talent I think he will do some special things at Pikeville.

Coach J give us your input on how you think it went.

Still going...(3 more to go).

But so far, these kids are more enthusiastic about spring practice than ANY group I've ever worked with, DESPITE:

* having to go from 7-9pm,

* many are practicing their SECOND or THIRD sport of the day -- coming from track and/or baseball practice to participate (totally THEIR choice, with no pressure to do so from the football staff)

* practicing in snow or sleet 2 of the practices and all but 2 being under 45-degrees.

* having no access to the game field due to lights being replaced and essentially practicing in the mud

DEFINITELY seems to be a group that with the kind of positive attitude that will be able to overcome adversity.

A LOT of "new kids" that we've encouraged to come out that either haven't played ever before or haven't played in a while.

Seeing some major differences from quite a few individuals from last year to this from our off-season program (both in aggressiveness and strength).

Getting a lot of film of guys doing drills live that we will use to do corrections before July 15.

But will gibson stay on the team?;)

He seems real enthused to me whenever ive seen him, hes one of these kids that just wants to hit somebody, at least thats what I observed. IMO this kid will be something special if everyone just leaves him alone and lets Coach J and Coach Copley and the rest of the staff work with him.

How is Harman looking? What is expected of him this year?

Havent seen him out there yet. From what I hear hes had Baseball and school commitments that prevented him from coming to practice. I beleive he wll be one of the best backs in the mountains this year if he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight.