Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott / S.Oldham

Featured Replies

Who wins/why/score/cards (Y/R).. had to add a few elements.. Might be another good game when you look at common opponents..

 

I will go with Scott 3-1 Scott 2Y/0R SO 1Y/0R... I'm sure a few here will have scott with a half dozen Reds... let the comments begin...

 

Go NKY...

  • Replies 34
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sad is it when people expect a team to draw cards and seem to revel in it? Does that encourage dirty play?

About as sad when someone gets on here and accuses a kid hitting another one with an elbow in the back of the head and insinuating that it was intentional. See Scott/Trinity thread for pictures that show two kids going after a 50 - 50 ball.

How sad is it when people expect a team to draw cards and seem to revel in it? Does that encourage dirty play?
How many college and professional level games go with no cards being given? Doesn't happen very often. I guess that Trinity just is not used to losing so they have to come up with some sort of excuse and " dirty play " is all they can think of. Also for anyone who wasn't at the game Scott recieved 3 yellow cards and Trinity recieved 3 yellow cards. Both teams had questionable late hits and hard tackles but that's a part of the game. Not something to whine over.
How many college and professional level games go with no cards being given? Doesn't happen very often. I guess that Trinity just is not used to losing so they have to come up with some sort of excuse and " dirty play " is all they can think of. Also for anyone who wasn't at the game Scott recieved 3 yellow cards and Trinity recieved 3 yellow cards. Both teams had questionable late hits and hard tackles but that's a part of the game. Not something to whine over.

 

 

Last time I looked we weren't at a college or professional game.

Last time I looked we weren't at a college or professional game.

 

Don't recall saying we were :clap::clap:... But that's the highest level of soccer and it just goes to show that you are expected to see a couple cards here and there. You can't belittle a team because they receive a card, or many cards. It's a part of the game.

Wow!!!!! So back to the origanal topic, I see this being a little tougher for Scott. I'm going 2-1 in OT

 

Can we please stop with the whining and move on?

If a team wins because a ref isn't good then maybe the losing team should have adjusted. I am in no way a Scott fan nor do I like their style of play but they do what they can get away with to win and right now they are winning. In 3 years it won't read Scott beat Trinity because dirty play it simply states that Scott beat Trinity. Nky soccer is not a push over like you guys think they are. Look at the scores they have posted this year against Lexington and Louisville teams.

If Scott continues to shut down playmakers like they managed Stockton and Fischer like they did on Saturday and their attack remains hungry....Id say the NKY boys go to the finals in a 4-1 win over south Oldham.

I don't know anything about S Oldham....can someone give me some details.....defensive team, style of play, etc.....

 

Scott has certainly figured out and perfected their offense.

I predicted Scott to bring the Ship home to NKY. So I'm gonna venture to say CJ Seay gets the school record for most shutouts in a single season. (12) Eagles win 3-0. (2 Schneider 1 Treadway)

I'm curious. Anyone have a way of researching how many cards have been issued in state games in the past few years? I have been to 1 final four, and a handful of round of 8 and 16 not on neutral sites. I don't remember a game that didn't have cards issued to both sides.

Again.....number of "cards" never bother me......the reason for the cards are what need to be considered......sometimes zero cards mean that the teams are playing without enthusiasm.

 

The inconsistant refs come into play when you just look at numbers of cards. Some refs use them to settle things down, some like to talk to the players to do the same thing.

 

Hard play/ hustle cards......dissent cards.......dirty play fouls (not sure how to differentiate).......all should not have the same weighting....

OTB, That's were I was going next, the reasons for the cards are not all created equal. A card for unsportsmanlike conduct or delay of game is not equivalent to dirty play. That gets to my point. Cards being issued is not an automatic implication of dirty play, as insinuated earlier in the thread. Example in the Trinity vs. Scott game, I don't think the Trinity coach who received a card had a dangerous tackle, nor did everyone's favorite card receiving subject Treadway for booting the ball after the whistle (both are as I was told by game reports). So the argument for cards = dirty play breaks down. Cards may indicate that but don't equate that. This plus kids being so close to playing in and winning a state championship they can taste it leads to reasons the CR will toss out cards in an attempt to settle the game down -- not all dirty playing.

Plain & simple - Scott gets it done.

 

CJ - A top 2 or 3 keeper in the state in my eyes, no questions asked. A back line that is on another level compared to every team I have seen them play against this year - especially based on how physical they play.

 

A dynamic scoring duo in Treadway & Schneider that is almost impossible to contain.

 

Enough of all that, the best part of this team is how they are all on the same page. A very close, physical, gifted, & savy group of young men. I beleive it will be a close game, but this is a very special group of kids, it is a feeling you only get once in a lifetime, when it is simpy meant to be.

 

Scott takes this one home in a close game. 2-1. Treadway both goals.

I see this game ending 4-1. South Oldham is a very solid team, and they have lots of talent. However, they don't have enough players who can really thin out Scott's defense and create scoring opportunities.

 

Just to give everyone an idea of how good Scott's offense really is: Prior to Saturday night, Trinity hadn't given 3 goals to a team in Kentucky since September 28th 2011. The trio of Morgan, Schneider and Treadway give the Eagles the best offense in the state.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.