No All A Region Champions in Sweet Sixteen

Is it unusual to not have at least one of the All A region winners in the Sweet Sixteen? And if so, why do you think that there aren't any in this year?

Yes it is unusual, but there is only one reason they aren't this year. They just aren't good enough this year.

I think he is referring to this year's Sweet 16..Correct me if I am wrong but Lee County won the 14th All A, not Hazard.

He is not saying Hazard won the All A but that Hazard is a Class A school, the only one in the sweet 16, I had to read it again myself.

I believe that one of the main reasons is that after teams compete in the ALL A CLASSIC that the teams have a huge letdown getting back into the regular season and sometimes teams can not get back into the groove that they were in to win the ALL A Regionals and it shows in the district and regional tournaments.

But I also agree....there were not that many strong ALL A teams competing for the regular regional titles...although I would not have been surprised to see either Bardstown or University Heights in the sweet 16...but just goes to show how tough of a region that those two had....