Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OPOY....

Featured Replies

All of O'Brien's 8 goals and 12 assists came in games where Cooper won by 3 goals or less.

 

Adam Snow snagging 9 goals and 11 assists as a sophomore at Cooper is also pretty strong.

 

If voting is completed by coaches before Regionals, when and where do results get posted?

 

I'm pretty sure there is a write up in the paper... less confident on the invite to the White House

  • Replies 38
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Ballow at Cov Cath? I have only seen a few teams all year, so I can't comment on what I have seen from most of these players. However, he leads his team in goals and assists for arguably one of the more talented teams in N. Ky.

Offensive Player of the Year:

Chris Obrien (Cooper)

 

Congratulations!

What about Ballow at Cov Cath? I have only seen a few teams all year, so I can't comment on what I have seen from most of these players. However, he leads his team in goals and assists for arguably one of the more talented teams in N. Ky.

 

8 out of 12 of Ballow's goals came in games where CovCath scored 5 or more goals and won by 4 or more. He's certainly a very important part of CovCath's offense and he'll probably score some important goals going forward, but it would be hard to say he's the offensive engine that makes CovCath go.

Congrats to Mr. O'Brien. NCC will have their hands full tonight... hopefully not full of jersey!

Against common opponents (not counting the last Scott/Campbell game) Ballow has 7 goals, Schneider has 7 goals, Treadway has 7 goals, and Morgan 4. And, Ballow doesn't have Morgan assisting, which seems to be necessary for Scott.

 

(All off of the KHSAA website. It was just done quickly, so could be wrong. Plus not sure what games were missed by the Scott players missed for red cards.)

Offensive Player of the Year:

Chris Obrien (Cooper)

 

Congratulations!

 

Congrats to Mr. Obrien. Didn't realize this was something coming out so soon. Where is it posted?

There is no dominate offensive player this year as in the past. When i think of past OPOY players, Juniet, Frommeyer, Harper, O'Hara come to mind, but knowing some of the players out there up for it it is a toss up. I like O'Brien, he's not deadly but offensively he is a threat.

Congrats to Mr. Obrien. Didn't realize this was something coming out so soon. Where is it posted?

 

List was emailed to the coaches

Congrats to Mr. O'Brien. NCC will have their hands full tonight... hopefully not full of jersey!

 

Why? That's never called. I assumed it is allowed by rule. It may even be mandated. I'm pretty sure it's taught by the clubs.

Why? That's never called. I assumed it is allowed by rule. It may even be mandated. I'm pretty sure it's taught by the clubs.

 

Half a handful is OK... a full fistful too much... there's an entire "Advice to Referees" bulletin on the topic.

8 out of 12 of Ballow's goals came in games where CovCath scored 5 or more goals and won by 4 or more. He's certainly a very important part of CovCath's offense and he'll probably score some important goals going forward, but it would be hard to say he's the offensive engine that makes CovCath go.

 

Statistics don't lie, statisticians do. Sure, if you eliminate games where CCH scored 5 goals or more, and won by 4 or more, you eliminate a lot of his goals. There were 6 such games. So if you eliminate those 6 games he scored a lot fewer goals. You might want to look at who those goals were against. A better measure might be were the goals scored against teams rated over 100 in the Maher rankings. Or, eliminate six games from everyone and recalculate.

The other thought here.....Don't just look at the score.....

 

Other than Holmes in the districts, CCH doesn't schedule the easier games. So CCH scoring 5 or 6 in a game against ST H (playing in the regional Championship), or Boone ( St H beat Boone to get to the finals).......for example......should still be counted.....These are teams that other teams are counting........eliminate the Holmes game, that Ballow only played half of the game, if that much......

Did his (ballow) coach nominate him for OPOY?

 

I don't know if the coach did or not. I was really not trying to argue for him post-award. I was just addressing the implication that all of his goals came in blowouts as if those games were all against weak opponents. My guess is in many of those games, Ballow sat more than many of the other offensive players sat in any of their games.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.