Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats pause 10th region preview

Featured Replies

If we could move them over, I think I would see Scott falling in at #3/#4. I think #4 would probably be the best slot for them.

 

That helps. That's about where I'd have them too. the 4-6 range.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you are more qualified to answer and here's why I ask...I feel the 9th is an avg to a litle above avg region and some have put Scott at number 2 in the 10th. In the ninth, I think they would be about 5th or 6th. Do you agree or disagree?

 

I would see them somewhere here:

HC

HHS

Holmes

ND

Ryle

Scott

 

I think Beechwood and Conner would also be right there.

 

Do you see that differently? Scott lost their best player and HC lost no one, HHS lost no one, Holmes lost 1 senior but picked up two outstanding players, ND lost some seniors but still have a lot of talent there and Ryle lost no one. I know you didn't play Holmes last year, but I think Scott lost to all the others. I'm not being a jerk, just trying to understand where the region is.

 

This is a 10th region thread and don't want to invade into it too much... with that being said Holmes lost one senior, and picked up 3 outstanding players to add to that talent... (Johnson freshman starting pg at Npt. Last year) Mayes from NCC and Tubbs from norwood 26pts. A game in D2 in ohio... with all this being said I would love to see both Scott and Simon Kenton in the 9th!!!! They are as northern Kentucky as it gets and would make this possibly strongest region in the state

GRC favored to repeat in the 10th.

 

Written by Brad Laux / iHigh

 

 

Top 10 teams:

 

1. GRC

2. Mason Co

3, Montgonmery Co

4. Scott

5. Bishop Brossart

6. Bourbon Co

7.Campbell Co

8. Nicholas Co

9. Bracken Co

10. Augusta

 

Top Players:

 

1. Sandra Skinner- GRC

2. Asia Sims -Bourbon Co

3. Bailey Cummins -Bracken Co

4. Jerica Kelsch - Augusta

5. Cara Green - Mason Co

6. Kaela Saner - Robertson Co

7. Megan Bretz - Nicholas Co

8. Sarah Arnett- Montgomery Co

9. Lexi Stapleton - Scott

10. Lacey Mitchell - Robertson Co

 

Agree or disagree? Your thoughts.

 

Campbell will be vastly improved this year. Small but quick and should be pre season favorite for district. Scott will play much better as a team. Brossart with 3 very solid players and may have best post tandem in region.

Well you are more qualified to answer and here's why I ask...I feel the 9th is an avg to a litle above avg region and some have put Scott at number 2 in the 10th. In the ninth, I think they would be about 5th or 6th. Do you agree or disagree?

 

I would see them somewhere here:

HC

HHS

Holmes

ND

Ryle

Scott

 

I think Beechwood and Conner would also be right there.

 

Do you see that differently? Scott lost their best player and HC lost no one, HHS lost no one, Holmes lost 1 senior but picked up two outstanding players, ND lost some seniors but still have a lot of talent there and Ryle lost no one. I know you didn't play Holmes last year, but I think Scott lost to all the others. I'm not being a jerk, just trying to understand where the region is.

 

While I love MNCM's optimism I will be a little more conservative and place Scott at 5/6 and here's why: In spite of history going all the way back to middle school the starting 5's will present an interesting match up of speed versus size. However, it is 6-10 where Ryle seams to find and endless pool of 6footers that will give them the advantage here. NDA (correct me if I'm wrong) lost size but gained skill in the guard positions which should make for a fast paced game but the edge in experience goes to NDA. HC/HHS were very close games from last year and I think Scott takes one of these this year. Probably HC because there is history between Kallmeyer and McLendon. As far as Holmes go they have so many horses this year I predict they steamroll the 9th.

I am not too familiar with the 10th region. To those who are more knowledgeable, will Campbell County be better/stronger than Brossart this year? I would have put them higher than Brossart, but again maybe I'm mistaken.

 

Brossart lost a ton of talent to graduation last year. I would probably put Campbell Co. over them at this point and see how it shakes out during the season.

Brossart lost a ton of talent to graduation last year. I would probably put Campbell Co. over them at this point and see how it shakes out during the season.

 

This is a tough one to pick. CC got a raw deal last year with coaching changes and will be tougher this year. BB did graduate their 3 top players but does retain 2 of the best post players in the area. I put this match up as a coin flip at best.

1. GRC - Best player in region + experience + future star. Question mark is how do they handle the loss of leadership that Graham provided last year.

2. Mason Col. - talented youth that gained lots of experience last season. Potential questions - how do they deal with loss of 2 great players that we heart and soul of the team, size, team chemistry with players, coach and parents?

3. Scott - young talent that has lots of experience, good depth. Potential questions - Who takes care of the ball this season since Niece is gone (handled it 85% of time the last 2 years), program chemistry with players and parents?

4. Montgomery - lost a great deal over the last 2-3 years but they still have Montgomery on the front of the jersey. Nice player in Arnett but where will her help come from. Great coach.

5. Bourbon - Could be the year that they make the region tourney. Simms is a load to handle. How do transfers mesh and contribute will likely determine how far this team goes.

6. Campbell - good guards but no size. Questions - depth, how do kids respond to new coach (3rd in less than 6 months), will parents continue to have control of the program?

7. Nicholas - Could be the year that someone other than Brossart takes the All A. Good young guards that have gained experience over the last couple of years. Coach does a really nice job with the talent he has.

8. Robertson - 2 really good players in Mitchell and Saner. Questions - can the other 3 on the floor do enough to keep defenses honest, depth? Should be a very interesting district.

9. Brossart - 2 great post players but who will get them the ball. If they can solve guard question, could move up throughout the season.

10. Harrison or Augusta - Harrison has to replace Doram but should be much more balanced; Augusta has a great player but need contributions from others.

This is a 10th region thread and don't want to invade into it too much... with that being said Holmes lost one senior, and picked up 3 outstanding players to add to that talent... (Johnson freshman starting pg at Npt. Last year) Mayes from NCC and Tubbs from norwood 26pts. A game in D2 in ohio... with all this being said I would love to see both Scott and Simon Kenton in the 9th!!!! They are as northern Kentucky as it gets and would make this possibly strongest region in the state

 

Me too! I wish they were. I think they wish they were as well.

 

And yes, you got the Johnson girl, which is nice and I really like!. But now you have to deal with her mom!!!

 

Kidding!!!! I work with her and hoping she sees this!

While I love MNCM's optimism I will be a little more conservative and place Scott at 5/6 and here's why: In spite of history going all the way back to middle school the starting 5's will present an interesting match up of speed versus size. However, it is 6-10 where Ryle seams to find and endless pool of 6footers that will give them the advantage here. NDA (correct me if I'm wrong) lost size but gained skill in the guard positions which should make for a fast paced game but the edge in experience goes to NDA. HC/HHS were very close games from last year and I think Scott takes one of these this year. Probably HC because there is history between Kallmeyer and McLendon. As far as Holmes go they have so many horses this year I predict they steamroll the 9th.

 

Quit it! We'll never calm down dg21 if you keep talking like that!!!! I agree they will be very good, but steamroll is a pretty strong term!!! I hope you're wrong! My daughter plays for HHS, if you didn't already know.

 

So without getting yourself in trouble...with Scott losing their leading scorer and some feel a top player in any region, why so much optimism? They have pretty much the same team as last year, minus their leading scorer and (arguably) their best player.

1. GRC - Best player in region + experience + future star. Question mark is how do they handle the loss of leadership that Graham provided last year.

2. Mason Col. - talented youth that gained lots of experience last season. Potential questions - how do they deal with loss of 2 great players that we heart and soul of the team, size, team chemistry with players, coach and parents?

3. Scott - young talent that has lots of experience, good depth. Potential questions - Who takes care of the ball this season since Niece is gone (handled it 85% of time the last 2 years), program chemistry with players and parents?

4. Montgomery - lost a great deal over the last 2-3 years but they still have Montgomery on the front of the jersey. Nice player in Arnett but where will her help come from. Great coach.

5. Bourbon - Could be the year that they make the region tourney. Simms is a load to handle. How do transfers mesh and contribute will likely determine how far this team goes.

6. Campbell - good guards but no size. Questions - depth, how do kids respond to new coach (3rd in less than 6 months), will parents continue to have control of the program?

7. Nicholas - Could be the year that someone other than Brossart takes the All A. Good young guards that have gained experience over the last couple of years. Coach does a really nice job with the talent he has.

8. Robertson - 2 really good players in Mitchell and Saner. Questions - can the other 3 on the floor do enough to keep defenses honest, depth? Should be a very interesting district.

9. Brossart - 2 great post players but who will get them the ball. If they can solve guard question, could move up throughout the season.

10. Harrison or Augusta - Harrison has to replace Doram but should be much more balanced; Augusta has a great player but need contributions from others.

 

For the teams I know, this seems like a pretty good assessment! Nice job!

Brossart lost a ton of talent to graduation last year. I would probably put Campbell Co. over them at this point and see how it shakes out during the season.

 

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. I knew who Brossart lost and who they had back. I know of Shultz and Shannon, both of which had great summers. I just wasn't very sure of Campbell County's situation.

  • Author
1. GRC - Best player in region + experience + future star. Question mark is how do they handle the loss of leadership that Graham provided last year.

2. Mason Col. - talented youth that gained lots of experience last season. Potential questions - how do they deal with loss of 2 great players that we heart and soul of the team, size, team chemistry with players, coach and parents?

3. Scott - young talent that has lots of experience, good depth. Potential questions - Who takes care of the ball this season since Niece is gone (handled it 85% of time the last 2 years), program chemistry with players and parents?

4. Montgomery - lost a great deal over the last 2-3 years but they still have Montgomery on the front of the jersey. Nice player in Arnett but where will her help come from. Great coach.

5. Bourbon - Could be the year that they make the region tourney. Simms is a load to handle. How do transfers mesh and contribute will likely determine how far this team goes.

6. Campbell - good guards but no size. Questions - depth, how do kids respond to new coach (3rd in less than 6 months), will parents continue to have control of the program?

7. Nicholas - Could be the year that someone other than Brossart takes the All A. Good young guards that have gained experience over the last couple of years. Coach does a really nice job with the talent he has.

8. Robertson - 2 really good players in Mitchell and Saner. Questions - can the other 3 on the floor do enough to keep defenses honest, depth? Should be a very interesting district.

9. Brossart - 2 great post players but who will get them the ball. If they can solve guard question, could move up throughout the season.

10. Harrison or Augusta - Harrison has to replace Doram but should be much more balanced; Augusta has a great player but need contributions from others.

 

 

Great post!!!!

Quit it! We'll never calm down dg21 if you keep talking like that!!!! I agree they will be very good, but steamroll is a pretty strong term!!! I hope you're wrong! My daughter plays for HHS, if you didn't already know.

 

So without getting yourself in trouble...with Scott losing their leading scorer and some feel a top player in any region, why so much optimism? They have pretty much the same team as last year, minus their leading scorer and (arguably) their best player.

 

dg may never calm down. For them it will all depend on how well Tubbs is recovered from injury and how quickly the team can gel together. They will be fast and athletic for sure.

 

Scott: in a another post it was said that Neace had control of the ball 85% of the time. This may even been a little low. Lead the team in scoring but who wouldn't having the ball 85%+. That said this years team will be more balanced and posses greater speed. With the addition of Clephane in the line up they will be better defensively and with Stapleton out from under the Neace shadow and Kallmeyer to get her the ball I see her in a situation where her potential will finally be shown. Look for Kimberly Davis, Jenna Trempe, Tori Dant and Madie Meyer to deliver solid 4/5 play. Whether this season turns out better or worse than last, having seen them in action this summer and fall I believe they will surprise a lot of teams.

dg may never calm down. For them it will all depend on how well Tubbs is recovered from injury and how quickly the team can gel together. They will be fast and athletic for sure.

 

Scott: in a another post it was said that Neace had control of the ball 85% of the time. This may even been a little low. Lead the team in scoring but who wouldn't having the ball 85%+. That said this years team will be more balanced and posses greater speed. With the addition of Clephane in the line up they will be better defensively and with Stapleton out from under the Neace shadow and Kallmeyer to get her the ball I see her in a situation where her potential will finally be shown. Look for Kimberly Davis, Jenna Trempe, Tori Dant and Madie Meyer to deliver solid 4/5 play. Whether this season turns out better or worse than last, having seen them in action this summer and fall I believe they will surprise a lot of teams.

 

Awesome and agree with all that. I really like the Dant girl's energy she brings. I can't stand her dad, but her mom is good people!! :clap:

dg may never calm down. For them it will all depend on how well Tubbs is recovered from injury and how quickly the team can gel together. They will be fast and athletic for sure.

 

Scott: in a another post it was said that Neace had control of the ball 85% of the time. This may even been a little low. Lead the team in scoring but who wouldn't having the ball 85%+. That said this years team will be more balanced and posses greater speed. With the addition of Clephane in the line up they will be better defensively and with Stapleton out from under the Neace shadow and Kallmeyer to get her the ball I see her in a situation where her potential will finally be shown. Look for Kimberly Davis, Jenna Trempe, Tori Dant and Madie Meyer to deliver solid 4/5 play. Whether this season turns out better or worse than last, having seen them in action this summer and fall I believe they will surprise a lot of teams.

 

Ok... not trying to make this sound bad but how do we lose our top player yet we are better? This is not meant to be anything other than to open dialogue. I have my opinion but would like to hear yours.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.