Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats pause 10th region preview

Featured Replies

GRC favored to repeat in the 10th.

 

Written by Brad Laux / iHigh

 

 

Top 10 teams:

 

1. GRC

2. Mason Co

3, Montgonmery Co

4. Scott

5. Bishop Brossart

6. Bourbon Co

7.Campbell Co

8. Nicholas Co

9. Bracken Co

10. Augusta

 

Top Players:

 

1. Sandra Skinner- GRC

2. Asia Sims -Bourbon Co

3. Bailey Cummins -Bracken Co

4. Jerica Kelsch - Augusta

5. Cara Green - Mason Co

6. Kaela Saner - Robertson Co

7. Megan Bretz - Nicholas Co

8. Sarah Arnett- Montgomery Co

9. Lexi Stapleton - Scott

10. Lacey Mitchell - Robertson Co

 

Agree or disagree? Your thoughts.

Edited by gold sunrise

  • Replies 45
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not too familiar with the 10th region. To those who are more knowledgeable, will Campbell County be better/stronger than Brossart this year? I would have put them higher than Brossart, but again maybe I'm mistaken.

not sure there are 9 players in the region better than Lacey Mitchell. I also think Robertson is a Top 10 team.

I am not too familiar with the 10th region. To those who are more knowledgeable, will Campbell County be better/stronger than Brossart this year? I would have put them higher than Brossart, but again maybe I'm mistaken.

 

Good Question. I know both teams well and CC has a brand new coach, so taking coaching out and only using what they each has coming back, I think it is a classic battle of what style would win out. Brossart will have big and good post players. CC's strength will be guards...good guards. History tells us good guard play usually trumps good bigs. But that doesn't always happen. If CC plays the right style for the talent they have, they could be pretty good. They should have been pretty good last, but we all know what happened there...poor kids!

A few of the teams I am familiar with as well as a few of the players. Others I am not. I believe Mason Co. graduated a lot leadership and talent at the end of last year and in spite of an extremely talented group of incoming I still see them behind Scott. I was able to watch GRC at a summer ball camp and came away a little disappointed in the hype. That said it was summer ball so anything is possible.

 

As far as players go, while Stapleton is an excellent player and will have a phenomenal season, I would be remiss if I didn't point out that Kallmeyer was 2nd (behind Neace) on Scott's team in every offensive category except 3pointers last year and led the team in steals, deflections and block shots. Additionally having watched the games first hand I would place both players ahead of Kelsch from Augusta.

 

As a side note the tenth is going to be really fun to watch this year. No matter how it turns out you can't argue with Montgomery Co.'s advantage in tournament experience. Mason Co. is bringing the youth, GRC a balanced combo and ....... just throwing this out their I am picking Scott as the dark horse to pull off the upset this year.

  • Author
A few of the teams I am familiar with as well as a few of the players. Others I am not. I believe Mason Co. graduated a lot leadership and talent at the end of last year and in spite of an extremely talented group of incoming I still see them behind Scott. I was able to watch GRC at a summer ball camp and came away a little disappointed in the hype. That said it was summer ball so anything is possible.

 

As far as players go, while Stapleton is an excellent player and will have a phenomenal season, I would be remiss if I didn't point out that Kallmeyer was 2nd (behind Neace) on Scott's team in every offensive category except 3pointers last year and led the team in steals, deflections and block shots. Additionally having watched the games first hand I would place both players ahead of Kelsch from Augusta.

 

As a side note the tenth is going to be really fun to watch this year. No matter how it turns out you can't argue with Montgomery Co.'s advantage in tournament experience. Mason Co. is bringing the youth, GRC a balanced combo and ....... just throwing this out their I am picking Scott as the dark horse to pull off the upset this year.

Did you see them in regional tourney last year or when they played to the final four at state last year? As you stated it was summer ball, and usually players are missing. I believe GRC will live up to the hype with Skinner and Anderson leading the way.

 

It was hard to believe that Anderson wasn't listed as a top 10 player....she is IMO.

1. GRC

2. Scott

3, Montgomery Co

4. Mason County

5. Campbell County

6. Bishop Brossart

7. Bourbon County

8. Bracken County

9. Nicholas County

10. Robertson County

 

Top Players:

 

1. Sandra Skinner- GRC

2. Asia Sims -Bourbon Co

3. Sarah Arnett- Montgomery Co

4. Kaela Saner - Robertson

5. Bailey Cummins -Bracken Co

6. Cara Green - Mason Co

7. Megan Bretz - Nicholas Co

8. Sydney Anderson - GRC

9. Lexi Stapleton - Scott

10. Lacey Mitchell - Robertson Co

 

I would make a few positional changes and one addition into the Top 10 players. This was based upon what I saw last year and what I saw over the summer (and I put no stock in summer ball or AAU).

 

While I am saying well in advanced I think GRC will repeat in winning the region, this is October and there is a whole lot of basketball to play. I believe Scott will make a tremendous amount of disruption in the 10th as well as the usual contenders in Mason and Montgomery. I think the one left standing in the end will have the mix of team, schedule and experience.

Edited by MNCM
Spelling

Some surprises for me here. I don't know all the teams, but I do know some. Beside GRC, what would folks say if asked to finish this statement:

 

The 10th region is _______ this year top to bottom.

 

UP

Down

Same as always

  • Author
1. GRC

2. Scott

3, Montgomery Co

4. Mason County

5. Campbell County

6. Bishop Brossart

7. Bourbon County

8. Bracken County

9. Nicholas County

10. Robertson County

 

Top Players:

 

1. Sandra Skinner- GRC

2. Asia Sims -Bourbon Co

3. Sarah Arnett- Montgomery Co

4. Kaela Saner - Robertson

5. Bailey Cummins -Bracken Co

6. Cara Green - Mason Co

7. Megan Bretz - Nicholas Co

8. Sydney Anderson - GRC

9. Lexi Stapleton - Scott

10. Lacey Mitchell - Robertson Co

 

I would make a few positional changes and one addition into the Top 10 players. This was based upon what I saw last year and what I saw over the summer (and I put no stock in summer ball or AAU).

 

While I am saying well in advanced I think GRC will repeat in winning the region, this is October and there is a whole lot of basketball to play. I believe Scott will make a tremendous amount of disruption in the 10th as well as the usual contenders in Mason and Montgomery. I think the one left standing in the end will have the mix of team, schedule and experience.

 

 

I like your list of players. I know you have seen them all play and respect your opinion. Also agree on you last statement. GRC may not have the best record when post season starts, but the challenging schedule will pay off in the end and that is what matters.

Some surprises for me here. I don't know all the teams, but I do know some. Beside GRC, what would folks say if asked to finish this statement:

 

The 10th region is _______ this year top to bottom.

 

UP

Down

Same as always

 

IMO, the 10th is up, but that could just be my excitement for my home team and the upcoming season.

IMO, the 10th is up, but that could just be my excitement for my home team and the upcoming season.

 

Well you are more qualified to answer and here's why I ask...I feel the 9th is an avg to a litle above avg region and some have put Scott at number 2 in the 10th. In the ninth, I think they would be about 5th or 6th. Do you agree or disagree?

 

I would see them somewhere here:

HC

HHS

Holmes

ND

Ryle

Scott

 

I think Beechwood and Conner would also be right there.

 

Do you see that differently? Scott lost their best player and HC lost no one, HHS lost no one, Holmes lost 1 senior but picked up two outstanding players, ND lost some seniors but still have a lot of talent there and Ryle lost no one. I know you didn't play Holmes last year, but I think Scott lost to all the others. I'm not being a jerk, just trying to understand where the region is.

Some surprises for me here. I don't know all the teams, but I do know some. Beside GRC, what would folks say if asked to finish this statement:

 

The 10th region is ___UP____ this year top to bottom.

 

UP

Down

Same as always

 

I think it is UP

Well you are more qualified to answer and here's why I ask...I feel the 9th is an avg to a litle above avg region and some have put Scott at number 2 in the 10th. In the ninth, I think they would be about 5th or 6th. Do you agree or disagree?

 

I would see them somewhere here:

HC

HHS

Holmes

ND

Ryle

Scott

 

I think Beechwood and Conner would also be right there.

 

Do you see that differently? Scott lost their best player and HC lost no one, HHS lost no one, Holmes lost 1 senior but picked up two outstanding players, ND lost some seniors but still have a lot of talent there and Ryle lost no one. I know you didn't play Holmes last year, but I think Scott lost to all the others. I'm not being a jerk, just trying to understand where the region is.

 

Just to make sure I understand - you want to know where Scott (from the 10th) would fit into the 9th?

Just to make sure I understand - you want to know where Scott (from the 10th) would fit into the 9th?

 

yes, just helps me guage where the regions are because I know the ninth pretty good, the 10th fairly well (but not as good as you guys) and the 8th fairly well.

yes, just helps me guage where the regions are because I know the ninth pretty good, the 10th fairly well (but not as good as you guys) and the 8th fairly well.

 

If we could move them over, I think I would see Scott falling in at #3/#4. I think #4 would probably be the best slot for them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.