Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach of the year

Featured Replies

I agree.......but some will argue (not necessarily me) that it should have been taught from the beginning instead of after the incident.......

 

I know what you are saying but who says it wasn't? You don't start with issuing suspensions or even with a very stern talk. You start with a clean slate. Browning's example is pretty calm and non-reactionary. I didn't even mention that in 2012 Boone finished in the top four at state. So Browning has had success, as well.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you are saying oldgrappler, I think it is hard to say when the right time is to teach this, you could even argue that he should not have to at all. What I think is clear, is that he saw a problem... and was swift to remedy it.

I know he is new to coaching high school and also new to the NKY. Coach Anderson at Scott has done an outstanding job over the last two seasons. His first season was tough only going 500 in his 1st season. The team got hot late in the season and lost a close match to an outstanding Brossart team in the 10th regional final. He has the boys playing well with a 13 and 1 record and in my opinion with far less talent than CCH and Brossart. Just throwing his name in the hat...

I know he is new to coaching high school and also new to the NKY. Coach Anderson at Scott has done an outstanding job over the last two seasons. His first season was tough only going 500 in his 1st season. The team got hot late in the season and lost a close match to an outstanding Brossart team in the 10th regional final. He has the boys playing well with a 13 and 1 record and in my opinion with far less talent than CCH and Brossart. Just throwing his name in the hat...

 

Their record is still very good, I think it is actually 11-1-1 though. I also feel that CCH might be the only squad in NKY that clearly has more talent then he does, which is the same thing you could say for several teams in NKY.

 

I think the problem that most people seem to have with Coach Anderson is not what he has done with the boys... it is what he has not done.

I hear what your saying yellow card and I can certainly understand where your comming from. What you and many folks dont know is what the program was prior to him taking it over. If you go back 3 years and take a look at what was going on and compare it to today it has been a night and day difference. The growth in these guys off the field and on the field has been amazing to watch from last July when he took over to today.

 

I just wish the fans in the NKY would stop holding this team accountable for the SINS of the past that most of them were not apart of. Just like one of the prior threads was talking about how many red cards this team has. The one post said Scott had the most with 12 red. This years JV team has 0 reds and the varisty team has 4.

 

I'm not trying fire anyone up here I just wish these guys as well as our coach could be viewed for their recent accomplishments not what happend over 3 or 4 years ago...

 

That's all I'm trying to say ....

I hear what your saying yellow card and I can certainly understand where your comming from. What you and many folks dont know is what the program was prior to him taking it over. If you go back 3 years and take a look at what was going on and compare it to today it has been a night and day difference. The growth in these guys off the field and on the field has been amazing to watch from last July when he took over to today.

 

I just wish the fans in the NKY would stop holding this team accountable for the SINS of the past that most of them were not apart of. Just like one of the prior threads was talking about how many red cards this team has. The one post said Scott had the most with 12 red. This years JV team has 0 reds and the varisty team has 4.

 

I'm not trying fire anyone up here I just wish these guys as well as our coach could be viewed for their recent accomplishments not what happend over 3 or 4 years ago...

 

That's all I'm trying to say ....

 

I think that most are looking at the last two years in making their judgment. Having a player get a red card in a Varsity match and then playing him the next day in a JV tournament is beyond belief...especially when he gets a red card in that tournament as well! Where is the discipline there? That clearly bent the rules beyond what most would deem to be acceptable. With the number of reds in the current year as well, it is tough to argue that they are better today from that standpoint than they were last year.

 

I think that they are a very talented team, but discipline is not a strength there in my opinion.

I think the number 12 was reported before we really examined the report. 12 was the total number of disqualifications reported, but then we realized that they put this and last years numbers as well as boy, girls soccer and other sports.

 

Do you think a coach of the year leaves his d1 player in to score 7 against Calvary? Probably loses the Calvary coaches vote and all the teams at that level.........

 

Probably not our business, but we did hear about Boones coaches actions when his team received the reds......nothing from the Scott camp. DOESN'T mean there wasn't any......I know......

 

Scott does have a very talented team. I stated early on that I considered them number 2 behind a healthy CCH ...possibly number 1 in front of an unhealthy one.......remember the R.O.S. Conversation?

I get that he just took over this team a year ago, none of my comments are before this time period, the 11 Reds have happened on his watch. You could argue that he inherited these boys but I have not seen him react to some of their behavior the way most would have expected, I am not saying he didn't, but I am not seeing proof that he did either. The cards being received within a couple days of each other for playing in Varsity then in a JV match really speaks volumes.

 

I am not saying that things are not better than before but I still think he has a way to go... proof is in what I saw last Saturday in the Cooper match. You can argue that the boy kicked, drug, pushed or whatever you want to say he did with his foot... the point is contact was made with the Cooper players head because he tried to go over him rather than going around him and avoid him completely. He chose to make/initiate the contact, this is not what I consider an action that reflects well on anyone. The other thing that bothered me is how much the coach argued the call, not just when it happened but still at halftime, it seemed to me that he felt they were completely wronged by the AR.

I would say that Robertson -Cov Cath and Hahn - St Henry, know the game better than any other coach in the area.

Dave Morris has made huge progress with Campbell Co in the last couple of years.

I would say that Robertson -Cov Cath and Hahn - St Henry, know the game better than any other coach in the area.

Dave Morris has made huge progress with Campbell Co in the last couple of years.

 

Good coaches but I have to say... a lot of the coaches know the game very well in this area. A lot of those coaches would love to have the talent Cov and St Henry have come through their programs. Nathan from Boone, Jeremy from SK, and Kevin from Conner (just to name a few) could take those team and do some good things with them. Again, that's not to say Jeremy and Steve are not good coaches.

I would say that Robertson -Cov Cath and Hahn - St Henry, know the game better than any other coach in the area.

Dave Morris has made huge progress with Campbell Co in the last couple of years.

 

I agree with your comments... I think this thread is about who has done the best coaching job this season.

This is a great choice! He's completely turned that team around in terms of attitude changes, hard work, and a sense of team work. Now results aren't in their favor to say he's completely turned the program around, but give him time and some talent... he'll do good things.

 

 

Btw...no seniors on that PC squad this year.

I also think the two best players on PC squad are Sophomore's.

  • Author

Ok but this isn't about who the best players

 

What coach got the most out of its team this year?

Who has exceeded expectations?

Ok but this isn't about who the best players

 

What coach got the most out of its team this year?

Who has exceeded expectations?

 

My comments were not about the players themselves, I made this comment in support of what the PC has done this year... noting that his success is being hindered because his best players are Sophomores and that the team is very young.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.