Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should every profession wear a camera? GOOD READ

Featured Replies

What I mean by judgment calls above-- I can't help someone in furtherance of a crime. I can advise them against it and tell them I won't help them, but helping them in furtherance of a crime is grounds for losing your license. I do have to report if a child or someone who is elderly is being abused, no exceptions. Otherwise, there are very few times where a camera would even have a purpose because it isn't something that would be subject to discovery anyway.

  • Author
No, no way. There are doctors who will testify as medical experts for pay. Not even close.

 

How many times do people die and the family has no idea the doctor or hospital did something wrong. I think that has more often than not. Example: My mother in law was in the hospital for several weeks and was doing better and making progress, she suddenly took a turn for the worse. Did her condition change or did someone do something wrong. I will tell you it was something that through our grief we didn't even consider, but yet it was a possibility.

  • Author
Not missing the point at all. I am a health professional and a health care consumer. As Averge Joe said, the comparison is silly. It is also illegal on many levels.

 

It is illegal for a doctor to even admit that they treated me without my consent or a court order currently, due to HIPPA. The same would be true if there interactions with patients was recorded.

 

Would it be illegal for me to record all contact with my doctor?

  • Author

I don't have anything against doctors and I don't think the guy writing the article does either. He just points out the rate of medical mistakes dwarfs fatal encounters with police, yet there is no call to closer monitor there actions in some reviewable Monday Morning QB sort of way.

 

I disagree that cameras need to be turned off as the ACLU suggest, if a Police Officer has a reason to be there then the video needs to be on. Otherwise the first time a video is turned off at the door and there is an officer involved shooting inside everyone will claim coverup.

 

When I worked for a few years in Asset Protection I wish we could have carried Go-Pros or other similar camera when following Shoplifters. In the end it really wasn't needed as at least in my experience we never lost a criminal case against shoplifter.

How many times do people die and the family has no idea the doctor or hospital did something wrong. I think that has more often than not. Example: My mother in law was in the hospital for several weeks and was doing better and making progress, she suddenly took a turn for the worse. Did her condition change or did someone do something wrong. I will tell you it was something that through our grief we didn't even consider, but yet it was a possibility.

 

True, but you can also go through the process of hiring an outside consultant to see if things went according to plan and will possibly be able to find someone to take those on a contingency fee if they think you have a claim (i.e., med mal cases are big money and someone will take the chance for you). Not really something you have the opportunity to do (at least to the same extent) as you will with people conducting an investigation on a police agency, especially if it's for a smaller claim. There just isn't the same kind of money in it.

 

Suing an officer personally (sovereign immunity can come in, etc.) because you wrongfully spent a night in jail while you are pending a trial to determine your guilt or innocence doesn't have the same long term consequences as a med map case where you can't undo the damage. Unless it's a claim against a department or something like that, you are better off, financially speaking, going after the doctor or hospital in at least 9 out of 10 cases.

  • Author

Should Teachers wear body cameras? Is there any other profession that needs to be constantly monitored or is this just something that should be placed on Police Officers?

This is only a good idea, if and only if, it is used for training purposes only and kept confidential from the public. Otherwise, it sounds too much like Oceania...

I don't like it. Stuff gets leaked, like it or not. Just ask banks and credit card companies. If I'm at the urologists, I think the least of my worries should be whether or not someone can get ahold of video footage of my wang.

 

:ohbrother::lol2:

 

Impressive!

Should Teachers wear body cameras? Is there any other profession that needs to be constantly monitored or is this just something that should be placed on Police Officers?

 

In my school system, once I was in middle and high school, all of the offices where any teacher or faculty member would be 1 on 1 with a student (i.e., principal's office, etc.), doors of entrance exit, detention rooms, cafeteria, and hallways were all monitored by camera. Absent cameras being in the classrooms themselves, where there are usually tons of kids who are witnesses, there were cameras practically everywhere.

TAC's take;

Dr's are 'practicing' medicine. Every body is different, every body reacts different to treatment. We choose our Dr's. If your Dr. has a bad reputation, get rid of him. Police work for the city, county, state. Paid by us. Somehow people think that we should be able to see what they do. I'm not a fan of the police video. Years ago, maybe. I don't think cops abuse the system like they may have in the past. It used to be if you screwed up, you may have taken a ride to the flood wall or maybe got a ride home. Now you get arrested. I'm one of those guys that see a video that involves a cop and a struggle and I always see the cop doing the right thing. Listen to them folks, if not you may get shot, tazed, choked out or killed.

Also hated the eyewitness news teams that would go around and film different city or county employees trying to find them sleeping on the job. Always wanted to take a camera into their office and film them taking a break at the water cooler or checking put BGP a their desk during working hours.

Thinking about doctors....aren't most surgeries video recorded anyway?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.