• Belfry
    • Allen Central
    • Magoffin County
    • East Ridge
    • Prestonsburg
    • Pike Central
    • Shelby Valley
    • Johnson Central

Magoffin and Belfry are 1 and 2, but don't rule out Johnson Central. Honestly, Pike Central and Shelby Valley could be a handful if they get hot and play defense like they are capable of doing. Should be a great tournament! The Expo is awesome!

If Magoffin plays to the best of their ability I think they are capable of winning it. However, as we seen last year, they tend to have bad games come tournament time. I really don't understand why the teams are paired the way they are. Wouldn't it make sense to put Magoffin and Belfry on opposite sides of the bracket?

Belfry will cut down the nets. This team has shown great patience in their offense and really puts pressure on the ball. Their coach is a class act and has complete control of his team. Magoffin will give them a great game but Belfry will not be denied this season.

Can it? Yes.

Will it??? Not a chance

Unfortunately, I would have to agree. I don't see Allen Central beating Belfry, and unless East Ridge can do a better job handling pressure it is unlikely they will advance. However, Prestonsburg and Shelby Valley will have their hands full with Pike Central and Johnson Central. Ratiff and Lowe can play at PCC and Johnson Central has a definite height advantage over SV. If Pburg is to advance, they must play a solid defensive game. If SV is to advance, they must handle JC's zone press and limit the number of 2nd shots JC gets. Thursday night's contests could be the more competitive contests of the opening round. Good luck to all!!!:ylsuper:

I give the nod this year to Magoffin County. I believe they have too much talent. I predict a rematch of the 57th District championship game with the Lady Hornets cutting down the nets. Johnson Central may still be a bit too young.