Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Fans, Please Temper Expectations Re: Summer

Featured Replies

It's no fun if at least one fan's head doesn't explode during the season.

 

As for me, I approach every game not with expectations, but with anticipation.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

As for me, I approach every game not with expectations, but with anticipation.

 

:thumb: Here! Here!

  • Author
There is no reason to temper expectations. This is coming from the guy who didn't freak out during the season last year and said I thought they would be fine come tournament time. Last year I knew it would take awhile for it to click. However this years team unlike the last two years actually has guys with talent and experience coming back. These freshman are getting to learn from other talented guys this year who have experience. Last years problems most of the year were because of chemistry and learning all the little things. So far this year this team for only being what 10 practices in has shown great chemistry. The way they are sharing the ball has been amazing. The way they are passing the ball around and not just pounding the ball into the ground has been amazing. Where this team is right now is amazing!

 

Will this team go undefeated maybe, is there a better chance that they will lose a game or two along the way yes. Is there a great chance this team could win it all this year? Yes! For that reason right there is the reason to be excited.

 

 

That's fine, but you do understand that you aren't really representative of the typical UK fan when it comes to that as well I'd imagine.

  • Author
Wait, what? Why should I, as a fan, temper my expectations? That makes zero sense to me.

 

I understand the sentiment of your post and think that, based on my experiences communicating with you, that you seem far more reasonable about the progress of the team as compared to many UK fans.

 

I'm predicting that there'll be bumps in the road for this year's team. I'll still look forward to watching every single game, but I'm not going to panic if we lose a few games either.

I understand the sentiment of your post and think that, based on my experiences communicating with you, that you seem far more reasonable about the progress of the team as compared to many UK fans.

 

I'm predicting that there'll be bumps in the road for this year's team. I'll still look forward to watching every single game, but I'm not going to panic if we lose a few games either.

 

Agreed its crazy how people panic and talk end of the world stuff and bad things are when a loss happens. However still no reason not to have great expectations for this team, just have to realize it doesn't mean the team is bad if they do end up losing lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.