George Rogers Clark 2014

MNCM

New thread of the 2014 football season.

Head Coach Mike Riddle starts his first season with the Cardinals and faces a tough schedule. Thoughts and Predictions?

GRC 2014 Football Schedule

Aug 23, 14 Rowan County at Montgomery County

Aug 29, 14 Anderson County away

Sep 5, 14 Henry Clay home

Sep 12, 14 Montgomery County home

Sep 19, 14 Boyle County away

Sep 26, 14 Scott County away

Oct 10, 14 Lafayette home

Oct 17, 14 Tates Creek away

Oct 24, 14 Madison Central home

Oct 31, 14 Bourbon County home

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is that a really difficult schedule?

Yes. The Cardinals will have their hands full with these teams which include the defending 6A state champions on their home field.

Other teams will be a HUGE challenge will be Anderson County (11-3 in 2013), Boyle County (11-1 in 2013), Henry Clay (9-3 in 2013), and Bourbon County (13-1 in 2013).

While these are are great challenges the stretch of Lafayette, Tates Creek and Madison Central will determine district position. Those to me are the 3 most important games of the year.

I predict wins against Rowan County, Montgomery County, Lafayette, and Madison Central. Three possible victories are available from Tates Creek, Bourbon County, and Henry Clay. I do not see victories against Scott County, Anderson County, and Boyle County. All 3 of these are on the road against tough opponents.

Edited by GRC for life
stray word in sentence

I predict wins against Rowan County, Montgomery County, Lafayette, and Madison Central. Three possible victories are available from Tates Creek, Bourbon County, and Henry Clay. I do not see victories against Scott County, Anderson County, and Boyle County. All 3 of these are on the road against tough opponents.

I just don't see Bourbon Co as you do. They are going to really be good this year along with getting in a transfer. I am also not as optimistic about HC, and MoCo. One thing the Cards do having going for them is home field advantage on 5 games.

I agree with you, but that's still a pretty brutal schedule. Or at least it seems that way.

Very brutal schedule. I see one for sure win in Rowan Co, the others we will have to wait and see.

I just don't see Bourbon Co as you do. They are going to really be good this year along with getting in a transfer. I am also not as optimistic about HC, and MoCo. One thing the Cards do having going for them is home field advantage on 5 games.

Who is the Bourbon transfer and what are his credentials?

Henry Clay no longer has Elijah Bell so that is a good chance for a win. GRC did not have Sharrock in the HC game last year.

Montgomery is at home for the first time since 2011. GRC will not lose to Montgomery 3 straight years.

I spoke with a few players over the weekend about conditioning. Riddle is working them very hard. Offense and defense is starting to come together.

Should be an exciting year for GRC football.

What style of offense and defense are they running? Has the new HC been involved in the feeder program?

Bourbons has a few transfers with the most notable bring Clay Bolin. #1 QB in Ky class of 2016

Who is the Bourbon transfer and what are his credentials?

Henry Clay no longer has Elijah Bell so that is a good chance for a win. GRC did not have Sharrock in the HC game last year.

Montgomery is at home for the first time since 2011. GRC will not lose to Montgomery 3 straight years.

Bourbons has a few transfers with the most notable bring Clay Bolin. #1 QB in Ky class of 2016

GRC should have a very good secondary this year. I like our chances against Bolin.

Who else transferred to Bourbon?