Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrass scores?

Featured Replies

I can find the schedule just can't find the scores.

Heard games are cancelled for Sunday due to weather.

  • Author

Heard the same thing. I found a twitter feed that said Tates Creek girls lost to Greenwood 2-3 and beat Male 1-0.

St Henry boys beat Western Hills 1-0 in their first game yesterday. Second game was a 4-1 victory over Graves Co. They were supposed to play Central harden at 9:30 this morning but the day was cancelled.

Cooper boys were only able to play at full strength for about 15 minutes the entire weekend but they still had a good showing. They won their first match against Bryan Station 5-0; tied their second match against John Harden 2-2, they lost their final match to Owensboro Catholic... I am not certain on the score, I think it was 4-2.

Why were they only able to play at full strength for 15 minutes?

Usually very few teams play a large amount of time "full strength" at Bluegrass, same goes for Soccerrama. They are treated as scrimmages and for some schools are part of the tryout process. It would be unusual for many teams to play their starting 11 together for extended periods. If a team plays well during the weekend with the constant shuffle of players I think a coach comes out happy.

Why were they only able to play at full strength for 15 minutes?

 

It has been noted on other threads that Cooper is not a very deep team at this point. The success of the team will probably hinge on how much success a handful of players have this season. Over the weekend there was only about 15 minutes that 3 of these individuals were on the field at the same time. As for the reasons... One received an early Red Card on Friday, leg injury to another player, and the third had a Club commitment in MI that limited him to playing in only the first 2 matches.

Would love to know the reasons for the red card.....

 

Also...I know that even though there could be up to three games in the Bluegrass games, that they only count as one scrimmage towards the total allowed....that is why a lot of teams play in it......

 

Not sure how they treat the red cards. Since they are only considered one scrimmage, are they also considered khsaa sponsored games and therefore the player would have to sit out an actual game during the season? Or does sitting the next bluegrass game satisfy requirements?

Not sure how you actually classify the Red Card other than - "Still talking when told not to say another word". I was told the word that was said was "alright"... as if to acknowledge the warning. The ref seemed to want to be the center of attention for this match, there was a few quick cards for both sides. Player had to sit out the second match but was able to play the third, suspension served was one match.

OK, so I'll guess Ross was the red card recipient?

Thanks.......I think I've seened that ref several times :)

 

He was quite happy to dish out the cards... will have to say that there were ones given to Bryan Station that were not deserved either.

OK, so I'll guess Ross was the red card recipient?

 

Received, I would have to say not deserved though.

Well, a red card is pretty severe. I'll also assume he was already on a yellow if he was tossed and it was not a straight red for saying a word too much?

 

The fact that I was able to pick the single player from your team that received the red card should tell you he has a bit of a reputation for that stuff....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.