Bluegrass scores?

I heard that Boone' date=' Cooper, and Dixie all received red cards this weekend. Nice way to start the season for NKY soccer. I hope its not a precursor of things to come.[/quote']

Is that the same as an ejection? KHSAA not showing any ejections on their site.

Well, a red card is pretty severe. I'll also assume he was already on a yellow if he was tossed and it was not a straight red for saying a word too much?

The fact that I was able to pick the single player from your team that received the red card should tell you he has a bit of a reputation for that stuff....

I do not disagree with the reputation comment, I have seen it first hand for a few years, I am also of the opinion that this causes some of the cards to come quicker than they should.

In this instance the cards came from the same play, initial call was bad and he voiced his opinion a little too much and then received the second yellow for speaking again.

I do not disagree with the reputation comment, I have seen it first hand for a few years, I am also of the opinion that this causes some of the cards to come quicker than they should.

In this instance the cards came from the same play, initial call was bad and he voiced his opinion a little too much and then received the second yellow for speaking again.

Sounds deserved based on that description. Players just need to learn to be quiet and move on. Got to watch a few games and listen to people talk around the tourney and apparently seeing red was not an unusual occurrence at this bluegrass. Heard there was a fight on the girls side Saturday morning as well.

Is that the same as an ejection? KHSAA not showing any ejections on their site.

Not sure if it fell under khsaa jurisdiction or ussf. I am guessing ussf since there was only a one game suspension.

THE fact that you ASSUME it's a specific player and call him out by name without knowing the facts says nothing more than you have a predisposed opinion of a kid based on reputation. Said player has a reputation for a lot of things.The fact that you are so quick to focus on a negative says as much, if not more, about you as him.

I'm always amazed by the "adults" screaming at officials and opposing players on the field. You know, the individuals who are actually involved in the game itself, physically and emotionally.

They're the same "adults", who are so quick to come on this site and critisize a teenager's maturity level or character, when in reality, they are acting just as immaturely as the individual they are critisizing.

Well, a red card is pretty severe. I'll also assume he was already on a yellow if he was tossed and it was not a straight red for saying a word too much?

The fact that I was able to pick the single player from your team that received the red card should tell you he has a bit of a reputation for that stuff....

Edited by hoops5
Rule 2 and Rule 5 violation

THE fact that you ASSUME it's a specific player and call him out by name without knowing the facts says nothing more than you have a predisposed opinion of a kid based on reputation. Said player has a reputation for a lot of things.The fact that you are so quick to focus on a negative says as much, if not more, about you as him.

I'm always amazed by the "adults" screaming at officials and opposing players on the field. You know, the individuals who are actually involved in the game itself, physically and emotionally.

They're the same "adults", who are so quick to come on this site and critisize a teenager's maturity level or character, when in reality, they are acting just as immaturely as the individual they are critisizing.

That was funny, hope you feel better. Someone from Cooper's own team brought up the red card and I merely guessed who it was based on that player's reputation for that stuff.....which even the Cooper folks say is well-deserved. Turns out that guess was correct. Not sure I questioned his maturity level or character? Red cards are normally the result of unacceptable behavior on the field, regardless of whether the ref is quick to act or not. If multiple red cards were issued to N. Ky. teams at Bluegrass, that is a little embarrassing. You should not try to condone it by blabbering on about adults and people in the stands.

And keep in mind, I've said in the past that Ross is a good player and really the main reason Cooper will be a solid team this year, but good players do/say silly things on the field.

Edited by hoops5
quote tags-Rule 14 violation and Rule 12