Top 20 players Class of 2016

It's good to see Will Hager getting the recognition he deserves.

It's good to see Colton Elkins make the Top 20 list also.

I haven't seen many of those players but I am familiar with some of the names. I wouldn't be surprised to see Eli Wright pass Goodin in most rankings based on the scuttlebutt you hear. Wright is the flavor of the month right now and his stock seems to be rising with each game.

I won't pretend to be a recruiting expert but I've seen Wright play and he passes the eye test. Seems like he has a chance to play just about anywhere he wants to. For those that follow recruiting more closely, is he good enought to possibily play at UK, I know that Robic was watching him play today but that in itself really doesn't mean anything.

I think he has the best chance of any 2016 or 2015 KY kid. Keep in mind Hawkins and Polson played for Cal. But can he be on the level of Cal's primary recruits? He still has work to do to demonstrate that he's that caliber, but he also has 2 more years to make those strides.

While I admit I haven't seen all of the kids listed, if there are 20 players in KY better than Ben Weyer (Newcath), Markel McClendon (Holmes), and Ethan Snapp (Newport)....this state is absolutely loaded with quality depth in the class of 2016.

All three made big contributions to their team success as sophomores this past season.

While I admit I haven't seen all of the kids listed, if there are 20 players in KY better than Ben Weyer (Newcath), Markel McClendon (Holmes), and Ethan Snapp (Newport)....this state is absolutely loaded with quality depth in the class of 2016.

All three made big contributions to their team success as sophomores this past season.

Snapp plays on Hoop Dreams and I love that kid's game. No fear. I love it. Have you seen the Hoop Dreams 16U team play? Super loaded team.

To be honest, I was a little surprised to see Wilson in the top 10. I was also surprised not to see Weyer. I generally hear that Weyer is the better of those 2 bigs. However, Weyer clearly benefits from the exposure of playing on NCC. Just like I suspect that Wilson may have made the list, or at least the top 10, in part due to Campbell County's Sweet 16 appearance. I saw Wilson play at AAU state this year. I really liked his size, strength and the way he dominated the boards.

As for Snapp, he can flat out fill it up. Prolific scorer and great kid as well. Clearly should be on thiis list.

I'm not generally a fan of rankings. But these are pretty terrible. Did the guy that did them just watch 4 different AAU teams play?

To be fair, I can name at least 9 different AAU teams represented in that ranking. And that's without knowing who two of those players are. Let's face it. It's certainly an exception when one of the best players doesn't play AAU these days.

Snapp plays on Hoop Dreams and I love that kid's game. No fear. I love it. Have you seen the Hoop Dreams 16U team play? Super loaded team.

Haven't seen them play this summer due to being so busy with my full time job but several coaches have told me the same thing.

To be honest, I was a little surprised to see Wilson in the top 10. I was also surprised not to see Weyer. I generally hear that Weyer is the better of those 2 bigs. However, Weyer clearly benefits from the exposure of playing on NCC. Just like I suspect that Wilson may have made the list, or at least the top 10, in part due to Campbell County's Sweet 16 appearance. I saw Wilson play at AAU state this year. I really liked his size, strength and the way he dominated the boards.

As for Snapp, he can flat out fill it up. Prolific scorer and great kid as well. Clearly should be on thiis list.

I really like Wilson...not as active as Weyer defensively but offensively is extremely tough to defend due to his size, strength, and versatility both inside and out.

Weyer is able to stretch the defense more because of his ability to consistently knock down the outside shot but Wilson has nice range as well.

I'd take both on my team any day.

And Snapp is putting in some serious work this summer both on the AAU circuit and in his own personal time. I'm told he and Jalen Avery (Miami U offer) have been flat out going at it in the gym against eachother. Snapp might end up being the best scorer in this class. I watched him drop 15 in about 2 minutes in Sherwin Anderson's "pro league" against Nick Ruthsatz, Nick Fredrick, Quinton Chames, Marcus Hill, and Drew Shelton...all current college level players. If he ever adds some weight to that frame, he could elevate his game to a low D1 level. Right now I'd say he is big D2 or NAIA.