Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Giants @ Reds Series (6/3 - 6/5)

Featured Replies

Wacha isn't better than Latos, Lynn is at best even with Leake, and I don't know how anyone can say anyone is better than Cueto with a straight face with the type of season he's having.

 

I am a Reds fan. I don't want to say these types of things but I also am a realist.

  • Replies 249
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Cueto leads all of baseball in ERA, SO, WHIP, IP, and WAR. No one is better than Johnny C right now.

Also an argument can be made for Homer over Garcia.

 

When Wainright and the other pitchers say that Garcia has the best stuff on the staff, I would take him over Homer any day.

  • Author
I am a Reds fan. I don't want to say these types of things but I also am a realist.

 

Sounds more like the doom and gloom mentality Reds fans are accustomed too than being a realist.

Cueto leads all of baseball in ERA, SO, WHIP, IP, and WAR. No one is better than Johnny C right now.

 

I am not arguing that Cueto has not been great. I hope it continues but to put him over Wainright with his history of injuries and the innings he has already thrown is very iffy at best. The Cards staff is better top to bottom, especially right now.

When Wainright and the other pitchers say that Garcia has the best stuff on the staff, I would take him over Homer any day.

 

That's all well and good but he made 29 start the last 2 years. He can't stay healthy and Homer has had equal (Probably better when you really look at it) numbers the last two years with 65 starts.

Sounds more like the doom and gloom mentality Reds fans are accustomed too than being a realist.

 

Nope, just a realist. Look at the way the Reds have performed. Very poor. If they play better, I will gladly say so.

  • Author
I am not arguing that Cueto has not been great. I hope it continues but to put him over Wainright with his history of injuries and the innings he has already thrown is very iffy at best. The Cards staff is better top to bottom, especially right now.

 

The Cards staff is not better top to bottom now, or when Latos is healthy.

 

Cardinals Staff ERA 3.20, WHIP of 1.17, OBA of .232

Reds Staff ERA 3.19, WHIP of 1.13, OBA of .228

 

Yep...Clearly better. :lol2:

  • Author
Nope, just a realist. Look at the way the Reds have performed. Very poor. If they play better, I will gladly say so.

 

A realist would know that the poor performance has zero to do with the starting pitching. A realist would admit that the Reds staff has been elite, and it's the offense that is to blame for the record.

The Cards staff is not better top to bottom now, or when Latos is healthy.

 

Cardinals Staff ERA 3.20, WHIP of 1.17, OBA of .232

Reds Staff ERA 3.19, WHIP of 1.13, OBA of .228

 

Yep...Clearly better. :lol2:

 

You can quote anything that you want, but I would take the Cards and give you the Reds and you would be looking up at me in the standings.

You can quote anything that you want, but I would take the Cards and give you the Reds and you would be looking up at me in the standings.

 

If you have equal hitting the Reds would be up a game or so in the standing considering the ERA is lower so not really.

A realist would know that the poor performance has zero to do with the starting pitching. A realist would admit that the Reds staff has been elite, and it's the offense that is to blame for the record.

 

I would agree that the pitching has performed very well and should even get better with a healthy bull pen. No doubt. The pitching is not the problem with this team. Their line up is horrible and has way too many holes. I am just arguing pitching versus pitching.

  • Author
You can quote anything that you want, but I would take the Cards and give you the Reds and you would be looking up at me in the standings.

 

I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

 

Do you not realize that we're specifically talking about the starting pitching here?

 

Do you not realize that the Reds offense is the 2nd worst in the league in terms of scoring runs?

 

Are you really trying to tell me that because the Cardinals are better overall, i.e. higher in the standings that that means they have a better staff than the Reds?

  • Author
I would agree that the pitching has performed very well and should even get better with a healthy bull pen. No doubt. The pitching is not the problem with this team. Their line up is horrible and has way too many holes. I am just arguing pitching versus pitching.

 

So you're arguing only pitching versus pitching, but when the numbers bear out that the Reds staff is at worst every bit as good as the Cards, you're completely ignoring it. :banghead:

If you have equal hitting the Reds would be up a game or so in the standing considering the ERA is lower so not really.

 

But the reality is that they probably will not ever be equal in hitting because the Cards have a better line up from 1-8 than the Reds, even with everyone healthy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.