Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Legacy Elite 8th grade wins KY AAU 10th grade D1 state championship

Featured Replies

Legacy got off to a sluggish start and lost their opening game in pool play to SKY Starz and then went on to beat Shining Stars (Schwartz) to finish 1 and 1 in pool play. In bracket play they beat FOCUS, Shining Stars (Lay) and NKY Legends in the Championship game. This group has won 3 straight KY state D1 championships at their age level (6th, 7th and 8th) and now a championship playing competition 2 years older.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 21.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legacy got off to a sluggish start and lost their opening game in pool play to SKY Starz and then went on to beat Shining Stars (Schwartz) to finish 1 and 1 in pool play. In bracket play they beat FOCUS, Shining Stars (Lay) and NKY Legends in the Championship game. This group has won 3 straight KY state D1 championships at their age level (6th, 7th and 8th) and now a championship playing competition 2 years older.

 

Where are they from and who is on the team?

If it's the team I think it's Ally Niece (Scott), Lexi Held (Cooper), Mackenzie Schwarber (Campbell County) just to name the ones I know. A really, really good team.

So does this mean they are going to compete at the 10th grade level for nationals as well?

Erin Kumler- Mason County, Lexi Held- Cooper, Taylor Clos Campbell County, Kenzie Schwarber Campbell County, Ally Niece- Scott, Lexi Stapleton - Scott, Tyra Engelmon - Holmes, Aysah Mitchell Cooper, Anna Celphane - Scott, Juliette McGregor- Ryle, Allison Voyles - Lewis County, Courtney Robbins - Lawrenceburg, IN.

Very solid team played very well against us. Congrats on a great tournament run!

No. There are no plans to compete in Nationals this year.

Yes, that's the team.

No, not planning on competing at Nationals

So does this mean they are going to compete at the 10th grade level for nationals as well?
If it's the team I think it's Ally Niece (Scott), Lexi Held (Cooper), Mackenzie Schwarber (Campbell County) just to name the ones I know. A really, really good team.

 

Yes, that's the same team.

Great run by the Legacy 8th grade group! Love the way they play. They play transition basketball as well as any team I have seen all year.

 

Congrats to the Cooper duo of Lexi Held and Asyah Mitchell!

If there is no intention of competing at AAU nationals in that division, what is the purpose of being in that particular tournament? I understand wanting to compete at a higher level if you are more than capable. But why take away a bid for nationals from another Kentucky team? There are plenty of other tournaments and showcases in which they could have competed at the 10th grade level. Not sure I agree with entering a tournament that many teams enter to vie for a bid to nationals when the intention to continue was never there.

I have no problem with them playing up at the State Tournament. I thought they may be playing to qualify for 10th grade AAU Nationals which is being held in Cincinnati this year.

They have competed in several tourneys this season at the 10th grade level and have only lost to 2 teams at that level from what I have heard.

I have no problem with them playing up either if they are intending to compete at nationals at that level as well. They are more than capable and have proven so. I just don't understand the logic of playing up and taking an opportunity away from another team that may have needed to place at the state tournament to get a bid to nationals. Maybe they will give up their bid and pass it on. I was just curious as to their intentions.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.