Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Team Manimal-16U

Featured Replies

- Tyler Sharpe, Bullitt East

- Bailey Rakes, Bullitt East

- Mason Faulkner, Caverna

- D.J. White, Madisonville

- Perry Ayers, Bowling Green

- Michael Dunaway, Trimble County

- Larry Whelan, Rowan County

- Jake Smith, Casey County

- Collin Miller, Casey County

Jared Farris is no longer with this team.

Jared Farris is no longer with this team.

 

What happened?

What happened?

 

His dad cited "not a good fit for Jared" to me when I asked him last night. I'm not sure. Manimal had a good weekend, losing to the eventual champions in the semifinals.

Having watched them play for a couple of years now, I can understand that statement. Their 1 thru 3 take virtually all of their shots. He's a big, strong kid that's position is a 5 (perhaps a 4). Thus, he's probably never going to play a significant role in their offense. If there are other options for a better fit, one can't blame him.

Looking at their players relative to last year, I really like the Faulkner kid. He's a really, really nice player. Competes hard, good shooter and pretty good ball handler.

Faulkner is the best kid on the team IMO... Ayers is a close 2nd. If Ayers continues to get taller and work more on his perimeter game he will be a force. Farris leaving is not a big loss to them. I really like their other Center.

I am Jared's dad and want to say that the young men and their family's of Manimal are some of the greatest people we have ever been associated with. Doubletake you are exactly right with the game style they play he will not be missed and this is why we choose to leave. The reason Jared plays AAU is to get better at his game (not to be seen by opinionated people like you) and believes he can achieve that with HoopDreams. We wish Manimal nothing but the best.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 5

Teams needs balance to be able to compete. That takes all 5 guys adding something to the equation. Big men are part of the game and not should be counted on just for rebounds. They need to develop the offensive skills as well. Living & dying by the 3 only gets you so far....

Faulkner is the best kid on the team IMO... Ayers is a close 2nd. If Ayers continues to get taller and work more on his perimeter game he will be a force. Farris leaving is not a big loss to them. I really like their other Center.

 

 

Maybe I should reword.... Last year they had no Center before Farris got there, so they would have missed him more (as any team would have) had he left then. This year they have another Center, so the loss of Farris is not a huge blow. The main impact will be to their depth, but I am sure Maze will make adjustments to their playing style... Hope this clarifies my initial thoughts.

I don't think an adjustment to their (offensive) style is necessary. As I stated earlier, all offense goes their 1 through 3 already. No adjustment needed there. Even though he was used sparingly on offense, his defensive presence and rebounding will be missed for sure. Muscular 6'6" kids that can leap and that play that hard - they just aren't that easy to come by.

Tyler Sharpe is their leading scorer and a defensive nightmare plus a team player.

I don't think an adjustment to their (offensive) style is necessary. As I stated earlier, all offense goes their 1 through 3 already. No adjustment needed there. Even though he was used sparingly on offense, his defensive presence and rebounding will be missed for sure. Muscular 6'6" kids that can leap and that play that hard - they just aren't that easy to come by.

 

I never said change their Offense.... I said their playing Style.. Many of their points come off forcing turnovers due to their full court press, and always staying fresh due to their mass substitutions... Without another true Center to substitute, this could be an issue at that position... They have other talented players at the 4, but no one else at the 5 now to sub.

The young men and their family's are some of the greatest people we have known. Jared believes he can improve his game in a different program and at the end of the day that's why we play AAU.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.