Lack of Baseball

most coaches overschedule so I dont know why this is occurring. KHSAA rules dictate that you cant play 4 straight during the week M-Th, but most teams have 3-4 games scheduled per week with a down day or two & play a double header or a 3 team round robin on Saturday.

Cooper has played 6 games since April 16. The record of 7-9 is incorrect since they beat Boone in the Doc and beat the Wyandotte team that was after the 16th to make it 6 games played since the 16th. Since April 24th they have played 2.

Beechwood just cancelled the game today. Guess they were too afraid of getting beat by Cooper in back to back games.

So now it's going on only 4 games in almost 3 weeks. (4 games in 19 days and counting)

This sux!

I did go back on look on the schedule Hellbird and my above post is dead on.

I wouldn't think they are afraid, but with the expectations of winnig the A, they knew it would come down to this scheduled game also. This is a major bummer!

Beechwood just cancelled the game today. Guess they were too afraid of getting beat by Cooper in back to back games.

So now it's going on only 4 games in almost 3 weeks. (4 games in 19 days and counting)

This sux!

I did go back on look on the schedule Hellbird and my above post is dead on.

I wouldn't think they are afraid, but with the expectations of winnig the A, they knew it would come down to this scheduled game also. This is a major bummer!

I'm just so frustrated. 4 games in 18 or 4 games in 16, still frustrating.

Correct me if I'm wrong, they either cancel today's game or tomorrow. They are unable to play 4 days in a row which means if they didn't play Friday, played Sat & Sun and then play today, they have to cancel tomorrow. Maybe after a long weekend they needed a rest and they would either play tired today, or a day rested tomorrow.

Its just logistics...

I understand why they cancelled. Just frustrated is all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, they either cancel today's game or tomorrow. They are unable to play 4 days in a row which means if they didn't play Friday, played Sat & Sun and then play today, they have to cancel tomorrow. Maybe after a long weekend they needed a rest and they would either play tired today, or a day rested tomorrow.

Its just logistics...

They could've played today and tomorrow. KHSAA only says you can't play 4 straight school nights while school is in session. So the games on Friday and Saturday have no effect on the 4 straight days

They could've played today and tomorrow. KHSAA only says you can't play 4 straight school nights while school is in session. So the games on Friday and Saturday have no effect on the 4 straight days

Thank you for clearing this up, I misunderstood the rule.

yes, the 4 straight game rule is M-Th of the week.

I would think it would come into play with a Sunday game like Beechwood had wouldn't it? S-W in this case?

I always thought it was 4 school nights in a row (no matter if it's S-W or M-R) but I could be wrong. I know on Spring Break that rule isn't in effect because there is no school.

Coach Collins has taken the bull by the horns and really came through this week. He got more games scheduled and now has 5 games scheduled for the next 4 days. Hope the rain holds off for most of them. Love this game!!!!