Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lack of Baseball

Featured Replies

Has anyone else played so few games recently?

 

By the time Cooper's varsity plays Beechwood on Monday the 5th they would have only played 2 games in almost 2 weeks.

 

Just curious if many other teams have decided not to play but 1 game a week over the past couple weeks. It's pretty tough to stay sharp when you don't play. Since the 17th of last month Cooper has played 4 games. That's over a time span of 18 days, over 2 weeks.

 

The bright side is they can throw their #1 and 2 starters every game.

Has anyone else played so few games recently?

 

By the time Cooper's varsity plays Beechwood on Monday the 5th they would have only played 2 games in almost 2 weeks.

 

Just curious if many other teams have decided not to play but 1 game a week over the past couple weeks. It's pretty tough to stay sharp when you don't play. Since the 17th of last month Cooper has played 4 games. That's over a time span of 18 days, over 2 weeks.

 

The bright side is they can throw their #1 and 2 starters every game.

 

 

How many games were rained out in that period?

  • Author
How many games were rained out in that period?

Maybe 1 if that. We had several cancelled including yesterday's games and were originally scheduled for 3 last weekend that were cancelled as well as another one against Pendelton Co last week that was cancelled. We may have had 1 cancelled due to rain. Not really sure what is going on but seems the more time off between games the worse they seem to play.

 

For instance, we were supposed to have a game against Pendelton at Pendelton yesterday yet it was cancelled while the JV team played there and played 2 games yesterday. Last weekends games I think we're cancelled because of prom I'm guessing, but the others could have been played I think. I believe the JV and Freshman teams have played twice as many it seems.

Maybe 1 if that. We had several cancelled including yesterday's games and were originally scheduled for 3 last weekend that were cancelled as well as another one against Pendelton Co last week that was cancelled. We may have had 1 cancelled due to rain. Not really sure what is going on but seems the more time off between games the worse they seem to play.

 

.

 

That's odd. Why were those games cancelled if not for weather?

  • Author
That's odd. Why were those games cancelled if not for weather?

??

 

Not sure. Some players believe because of bad play against Ryle is why Yesterday's game was cancelled. I really don't know.

 

The first game against Pendelton may have been cancelled because of the threat of rain that day. It was cancelled in the morning last week although it didn't rain like it was supposed to and other teams played that day.

Maybe 1 if that. We had several cancelled including yesterday's games and were originally scheduled for 3 last weekend that were cancelled as well as another one against Pendelton Co last week that was cancelled. We may have had 1 cancelled due to rain. Not really sure what is going on but seems the more time off between games the worse they seem to play.

 

For instance, we were supposed to have a game against Pendelton at Pendelton yesterday yet it was cancelled while the JV team played there and played 2 games yesterday. Last weekends games I think we're cancelled because of prom I'm guessing, but the others could have been played I think. I believe the JV and Freshman teams have played twice as many it seems.

 

I would say be patient with that type of thing. Jeremy Collins, I am sure, will start to schedule more like Pat R does at Ryle. Ryle consistently plays a heavy schedule against good competition. I would think that Jeremy will do the same in future years. May already be in the works.

??

 

Not sure. Some players believe because of bad play against Ryle is why Yesterday's game was cancelled. I really don't know.

 

The first game against Pendelton may have been cancelled because of the threat of rain that day. It was cancelled in the morning last week although it didn't rain like it was supposed to and other teams played that day.

 

Conner has played 9 games since 4.21.

  • Author
Conner has played 9 games since 4.21.

I know, and Ryle, Cov Cath, Boone etc have all played a ton also. Shoot since our last game against Ryle I believe they played 2 since then.

  • Author
I would say be patient with that type of thing. Jeremy Collins, I am sure, will start to schedule more like Pat R does at Ryle. Ryle consistently plays a heavy schedule against good competition. I would think that Jeremy will do the same in future years. May already be in the works.

I'm sure he will. This is nothing at all against Coach Collins at all. The weather has been a problem as we all know, but the lack of games in the past 2 weeks leading up to the district tourney is worrisome.

 

Coach Collin's is the best thing to happen to Cooper Baseball in a LNG time. All the kids love playing for him and no favorites are shown at all which makes every player feel an important part of the team which is great. He will be very succesful at Cooper I believe.

 

What worries me are the bats. Cooper was one of the best hitting teams in the area but when you don't get your swings in you can see the bats become silent. In 2 of the last 3 games (St Henry and Ryle) the bats were silent and not playing but 1 game a week makes it hard to get in a rhythm IMO.

I know that yesterday Pendleton had to cancel with Cooper to make up a district game with Robertson County (the district is seeded in baseball).

  • Author
I know that yesterday Pendleton had to cancel with Cooper to make up a district game with Robertson County (the district is seeded in baseball).

That makes me

Feel better then. I didn't think coach Collins would cancel because I'm sure he wants to get the boys in the field more than anyone.

That's fine for the future, but not for the now!

 

I would say be patient with that type of thing. Jeremy Collins, I am sure, will start to schedule more like Pat R does at Ryle. Ryle consistently plays a heavy schedule against good competition. I would think that Jeremy will do the same in future years. May already be in the works.

I agree with this Hellbird....but, pitchers need to stay sharp also by throwing, so less is not always better.

 

I'm sure he will. This is nothing at all against Coach Collins at all. The weather has been a problem as we all know, but the lack of games in the past 2 weeks leading up to the district tourney is worrisome.

 

Coach Collin's is the best thing to happen to Cooper Baseball in a LNG time. All the kids love playing for him and no favorites are shown at all which makes every player feel an important part of the team which is great. He will be very succesful at Cooper I believe.

 

What worries me are the bats. Cooper was one of the best hitting teams in the area but when you don't get your swings in you can see the bats become silent. In 2 of the last 3 games (St Henry and Ryle) the bats were silent and not playing but 1 game a week makes it hard to get in a rhythm IMO.

That's fine for the future, but not for the now!

 

True, but coach C is just dealing with the hand dealt. In high school ball any more, you almost have to over schedule and pull back the rains if necessary. It is a philosophy and I am sure willl be modified in the future.

5 games does seem really low. Scott has played 14 games in the same time frame. And they've had a couple of games cancelled.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.