10th Region coach of the year

Buddy Biggs has done a great job with the cats. He lost 3 starters who went onto to play college basketball and 6 seniors all together. These guys accounted for over 60 percent of their offense and a huge bit of their leadership. Biggs has done an amazing job to replace these players and has had an excellent season because of it.

I agree, Biggs has done an incredible job. How many coaches can you think of that can loose that kind of offensive production, lose 6 seniors and is still going to take the cats to Rupp!!

Coach Biggs has done a fine job this year but not so fast.

For the 10th Region Coaches Association, Mustang is correct. The winner of the tournament gets the award.

Now for the KABC regional coaches award, that is another story and more than just the head coaches in the region vote for it. Any KABC member that is in the region can vote. So if you your elementary, middle school, freshmen, JV coaches are members of KABC, one school could have 10-20 votes easily.

Brad Carr - Scott. Also, my second choice would be Tony Bacigalupo (sp?) from Silver Grove. What a job he did this season. Buddy Bigg's had a lot to work with, even though he lost some starters. Mike Code has also done a great job after losing all the seniors from last year. Brad Carr has his boys in the district final, going to the region, and looking forward to the future. I will be there Friday to see their game against my rival Mustangs.

Brad Carr - Scott. Also, my second choice would be Tony Bacigalupo (sp?) from Silver Grove. What a job he did this season. Buddy Bigg's had a lot to work with, even though he lost some starters. Mike Code has also done a great job after losing all the seniors from last year. Brad Carr has his boys in the district final, going to the region, and looking forward to the future. I will be there Friday to see their game against my rival Mustangs.

I guess I'm a little confused, but my wife says this happens quite often. What has any of the following done to this point that would warrant Coach of the Year in the 10th. Silver Grove coach did a decent job, but went nowhere other than winning some Class A games. Mike Code's team has been an underachiever, they won the 10th All A, but they really had no stiff competition. They won the AIT, but that was down this year as well. They won the 37th, but for the most part the district was down compared to what the expectations were for some of the teams. Coach Carr is my favorite coach of the group(Just My OP), but I think he would admit that the expectations were set high and they fell a little short except for making their 1st trip to the 10th Region Tourney.

Others that really must stand head above shoulders over the coaches being discussed. The front runners should be O'Hearn, Biggs, Humphrey and some would say Kendall. To step outside of these 4 would be a travesty.

Point being that there are several other coaches that are more deserving if we are being real about it.