Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College Scholarships for soccer

Featured Replies

Any updates on kids getting college scholarships to play soccer from Northern Kentucky.

Any updates on kids getting college scholarships to play soccer from Northern Kentucky.

Welcome to BGP, Mit09com!

That's a great question.

I would live to hear about our Kentucky soccer players going to the next level.

Welcome to BGP, Mit09com!

That's a great question.

I would live to hear about our Kentucky soccer players going to the next level.

 

 

Unfortunately and in spite of what you hear from the local clubs, "soccer" scholarships are pretty rare around NKY........most likely, a player will find cash from academic scholarships and play soccer........

 

 

 

I think Froschauer (sp?) to Dayton was the last one I heard of a few years back.......may be wrong.

 

NKU has been offering scholarships to overseas players instead of "locals" since going D1......

 

Wish more were out there.

I heard that Treadway (Scott HS), and Ross (Cooper HS), signed to play D1 but do not know any specifics... or if this is correct.

Many players from Northern Kentucky are getting athletic scholarship money to play in college. "Full rides" are not very common for soccer but partial scholarships are not.

It says 50 committed, not 50 accepted scholarships. Not the same thing. Many of these are DivIII... no scholarships even available. Although, as someones said earlier, they could have received academic scholarships.

Sorry offside I was just trying to show that there are several kids going to play in college. If I had to guess I would say all the d 1 schools are scholarship of some sort. You are right the d 3 schools do not have "scholarships" for sports but they find the money in other ways.

I haven't looked at the list of 50, but would guess that majority of actual $$$ for soccer is on the girls side.........seems to be more there.....

And when football and basketball unionize, even less for the other men's sports.

Treadway and Ross are both verbally committed to UK and Radford respectively. What the specifics are is between the players and the schools, but I can tell you they are both getting athletic money.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.