Boone County 4 Cooper 1

Bottom line is that it was a great battle. Lost in this is 2 kids, that are very good, respect each other and are good friends giving it all they had. We got to see a battle of 2 kids going to play D1 baseball. How often do we even get the chance to see that. I have the utmost respect for Mr. T Ganns and Mr. H Dunn. It was worth the price of admission to see these 2 battle it out. They left in on the field and that's all you can ask for.

Couldn't agree more. Well said!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of time? I think that might have been my fifth post EVER and the best part. I don't sit with the fans. By the way, I am a Boone County alumni and love the school from the bottom of my heart. Just don't like anything that sheds a negative light on the school or program. So, get your facts straight. I will admit to getting on here and reading some of the nonsense that is posted. It is very comical at times. So knowledgable that you almost had the game called because of fan misconduct. Smart, very smart.

After sitting through two games in the span of 5 days along side the Cooper fan base I'll take the Rebel fan base over Cooper a million times over. The conduct of the Cooper fan base at these two games was completely obnoxious as well. We just don't send continuous threads to BGP about it. The other big difference is that the Rebel fans are much more knowledgeable about the game and thus very passionate about the game. Between you and Hellbird you spend alot of time trashing the Rebel fans when maybe you should be worrying about your own fan base. I have six words for you and hellbird "Hello pot this is the kettle".

Your post here about sums everything up I need to know about you. Classless comes to mind.

Funny you talk about the fan bases while this weekend I remember several Cooper fans sitting with and getting along with Boone fans just fine during their game against Boyle Co. I was one of those fans so do me a favor don't talk about who is more knowledgable or who is the better fan base. Last I checked it wasn't any Cooper parents getting thrown out if the game.

Stay classy reb

Clyde, I tried to tell you earlier, the bad throw from the first basemen took the shortstop in to the baseline and thus the contact was made.

Boone parents were visibly upset. Cooper parents however weren't exactly all nice and dandy either. It was an incredibly classless case from both sides last night.

Personally, I saw nothing wrong with his slide attempt, as it wasn't violent and it's my opinon that the kid may have sold it a little. (Not to say the contact wasn't there, it just wasn't as malicious as some Cooper folk are broadcasting it to be)

The call at third is debatable depending on who you talk to, you're never going to reach an agreement on it.

To address the actions post game, I believe it was a BC fan who tapped the umpire on the shoulder and said "good game blue" and the ump exploded. Now I'm not sure if there was more or less, that's just what was visible and clearly heard.

All in all, it was just a very emotional atmosphere. If you take those two calls out of the equation you have a very well officiated game. Boone won last night and Cooper will get their chance again here soon. Good luck to both the rest of the way.

Your post here about sums everything up I need to know about you. Classless comes to mind.

Funny you talk about the fan bases while this weekend I remember several Cooper fans sitting with and getting along with Boone fans just fine during their game against Boyle Co. I was one of those fans so do me a favor don't talk about who is more knowledgable or who is the better fan base. Last I checked it wasn't any Cooper parents getting thrown out if the game.

Stay classy reb

Your the one who has trashed the Boone fans, coaches, and parents. BGP is supposed to be about the games and the competition not trashing people. Your right classless definitely comes to mind and it's you!

Stay classy reb

I guess when you were thrown out of the game you mentioned in an earlier post it was for being too classy? That's understandable with your degree of sophistication.

Ra-Ra............Look...........Why would you even bring this back up again? Let this thing fizzle out. Things were said by both sides and I don't think Cooper or Boone would debate that. The BIGGEST problem was the disrespect towards the injuries that occured. That is really what got things started amongst both fan bases. I have already said this and I trully feel that's why things escalated. Let it go!

Clyde, I tried to tell you earlier, the bad throw from the first basemen took the shortstop in to the baseline and thus the contact was made.

Boone parents were visibly upset. Cooper parents however weren't exactly all nice and dandy either. It was an incredibly classless case from both sides last night.

Personally, I saw nothing wrong with his slide attempt, as it wasn't violent and it's my opinon that the kid may have sold it a little. (Not to say the contact wasn't there, it just wasn't as malicious as some Cooper folk are broadcasting it to be)

The call at third is debatable depending on who you talk to, you're never going to reach an agreement on it.

To address the actions post game, I believe it was a BC fan who tapped the umpire on the shoulder and said "good game blue" and the ump exploded. Now I'm not sure if there was more or less, that's just what was visible and clearly heard.

All in all, it was just a very emotional atmosphere. If you take those two calls out of the equation you have a very well officiated game. Boone won last night and Cooper will get their chance again here soon. Good luck to both the rest of the way.

Ra-Ra............Look...........Why would you even bring this back up again? Let this thing fizzle out. Things were said by both sides and I don't think Cooper or Boone would debate that. The BIGGEST problem was the disrespect towards the injuries that occured. That is really what got things started amongst both fan bases. I have already said this and I trully feel that's why things escalated. Let it go!
What do you mean "bring this back up again"? What the heck are we talking about here? It's still the same exact issues that have been on the topic for the past 4 pages. Get a clue and maybe you should let go a little bit. If you don't like what I post then I guess that's a personal problem of your own.

Post#37 Clyde already gave his answer. In regards to clues and being personal I really have nothing for you on that. Have a Great Day!!!

What do you mean "bring this back up again"? What the heck are we talking about here? It's still the same exact issues that have been on the topic for the past 4 pages. Get a clue and maybe you should let go a little bit. If you don't like what I post then I guess that's a personal problem of your own.

I guess when you were thrown out of the game you mentioned in an earlier post it was for being too classy? That's understandable with your degree of sophistication.

I have no problem telling you or anyone else who wants to know why I got thrown out and what happened. I have nothing to hide and the big difference is I wasn't screaming or yelling at the ump.

It was 2 years ago, game at Boone. The home plate umpire was not having a good game and he was getting it from all the fans as well as the coaches from both teams.

If you are familiar with Boones field you know how the seats are set up. I was sitting directly behind home plate. After several innings of bad umpiring the ump had enough of the complaints and I would be the scapegoat lol. After a bad call strike as the pitch bounced to the catcher I said, not yelled, spoke it in normal tone but was close enough to the ump that he could hear. I said "he must be a Boone Grad" where he turned around and tossed me.

I didn't argue with him or state my case, I said ok and walked out.

You want to call it classless or whatever, that is fine. To each his own

Totally different than last night.

Like I said I have nothing to hide and humans do make mistakes etc. I am also the first to admit them. As I said I was the one who said I was tossed in the past. Not hiding that.

Look at both incidents and there is a huge difference in what transpired. Plus the fact that the one who was tossed last night didn't leave and had to be told 3 times by the ump and then again after hiding behind the dugout by the coach of Boone himself.

It's in the past and I only hope in the future people realize it's just a game and to try and control themselves and act a little more mature.

I was at the game. I have no dog in this fight I went to see 2 top notch pitchers throw and that is what I got. One thing that is being overshadowed by the he said she said are the young men that played the game. I was very impressed by both starting pitchers. It will be nice to see how they progress in the future. Both teams did not buy in to all the garbage going on in the stands. They played the game the way it was supposed to be played. Was the play at second intentional or not? who knows the call was made and you have to go on. If I were a player for BC and my father or mother acted the way your fans did I would tell them to stay away from my games. The issue I have is early in the game the Cooper picture had an issue with his foot. The coach was concerned enough to call the trainers out. The fans were yelling about that. If you have to cheer for a young man that is hurt STAY HOME. People this is high school baseball not the 7th game of the world series. The sun came up today just like it will tomorrow. How about this cheer for you kids and encourage them to do the best they can.

The sad thing is the players will have to pay for the actions of the fans. The umps with seniority will take other games, freshmen and JV umps will be doing the games for the Rebs for the rest of the season. With a fan ejection this had to be reported to the KHSAA, another black eye on a talented team. If a NKU or EKU coach was there to keep tabs.... well the fans didn't do the players any favors. There is no justification for what happened, none, not now or ever will be.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 14

The sad thing is the players will have to pay for the actions of the fans. The umps with seniority will take other games, freshmen and JV umps will be doing the games for the Rebs for the rest of the season. .

This is incorrect.

Had the runner been called for high cleats he would have been ejected from the game.

Not necessarily. Had he been safe he could have been called out for an illegal slide but it's not an automatic ejection unless it's considered to be malicious.