April 16, 201412 yr Alternate Headline(s) and/or Lede(s): "NCAA Allows Players to Eat Until Full In Radical Compromise": Conferences & Universities May Still Exploit the Marketing Potential of: Broadcast, Apparel, & Licensing Deals - INTRO: Players may have full stomachs, but also aching wallets as they struggle to pay the full "true" cost of attendance. The true costs of attendance would include things that aren't covered by scholarship money and/or the relative difference in the spending power of a $100 bill for a student in Boston or Los Angles as it would compare to the spending power of a $100 bill in Norman, Oklahoma or Memphis, Tennessee. Edited April 16, 201412 yr by JokersWild24
April 16, 201412 yr Can we stop with the starving hyperbole. No college kid in this country is going to bed starving unless it's by their own choice. Totally agree. I'm sure these players have that rich friend, or some hunnies who would buy them a meal.
April 16, 201412 yr How much would Melvin Turpin weigh if this was SOP back in the day? Dinner Bell Mel :lol2:
April 16, 201412 yr I see, my kid does not get unlimited meals and I have to pay for them all. Plus his tuition, books, and fees. No where in my sons academic money does it say he will get free meals anytime. No one is starving and this is a farce to say they are. I agree no kid in America should go to bed hungry but come on man. Now that Napier is going to make millions in the NBA, lets see if he comes back and upgrades UConns cafeteria for them. .
April 16, 201412 yr Jen Smith @jenheraldleader 27m Stoops was asked if players actually go hungry, he said there are guys who send some food money home to feed other members of family.
April 16, 201412 yr I see, my kid does not get unlimited meals and I have to pay for them all. Plus his tuition, books, and fees. No where in my sons academic money does it say he will get free meals anytime. No one is starving and this is a farce to say they are. I agree no kid in America should go to bed hungry but come on man. Now that Napier is going to make millions in the NBA, lets see if he comes back and upgrades UConns cafeteria for them. . If your kid had a more desirable skill/talent maybe you would not have to pay for those items you list.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.