AAU Updates 4/4-4/6

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the Gators from? Is this the final game?

Gators are mostly Louisville kids. They've won their age group in state for the last few years. They've also performed well on a national level. Disappointed that 8th grade only had 3 teams play D1.

Gators are mostly Louisville kids. They've won their age group in state for the last few years. They've also performed well on a national level. Disappointed that 8th grade only had 3 teams play D1.

Hoop Dreams 8th Grade team begins play next weekend. Some of their 8th Graders will be playing up so I'd guess they are DII along with the others. I honestly don't know what they are. I'm guessing DII.

At Mid America today the 15u division was very impressive. Louisville Spartans look really good. A mix of Trinity and St X kids. The Louisville Lighting look like a nice team. The team that caught my eye most was called Matts Mustangs. Anyone have any info on them? I watched a little of the 16u but it sounds like the better 16 teams were in Lexington.

Matts Mustang, is a team base out of West Virginia coached by John Atkins. They usually bring a good showing every year.

KY Select had both 15U and 16U playing in the King James Ice Breaker in Cincy this weekend. 15U went undefeated in pool play and rolled in the semis vs. the Cincy Lakers. Played in the finals vs. King James and despite being clearly out manned gave KJ everything they could handle including having a 7pt lead in the 1st half and earned some serious respect from the King James and Director Drew Joyce who personally invited KY Select (15U) to come to Akron for the King James tourney later this month. The 16U went 1-3 but had a very strong showing with (2) 3pt losses and (1) 8 pt loss and a double OT win. Good weekend of work despite only having 1 practice. Good luck the rest of the AAU season.