Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can A Pitcher Record A Save....

Featured Replies

I like it, but will leave it up to Clyde to verify. My question would be, why would they change pitchers, just to make the appeal? :lol2:

 

I was thinking maybe someone saw a replay or they got a call down from someone in the organization to tell them the player left early, after the pitching change. I think you can do that up until the next play, so I think it would count as an answer for Clyde, but I have no idea.

Are there others?

 

Can you appeal a runner having left early after a pitching change but before a pitch to the next batter? I can't imagine a scenario where you'd wait until after the change, but by the letter of the law, would that suffice? Of course, he'd have to toss the ball to the SS (as an example).

Can you appeal a runner having left early after a pitching change but before a pitch to the next batter? I can't imagine a scenario where you'd wait until after the change, but by the letter of the law, would that suffice? Of course, he'd have to toss the ball to the SS (as an example).

 

Sorry MJ, just realized you had the exact same thought in post #13. My bad! I should have read all the way down.

Sorry MJ, just realized you had the exact same thought in post #13. My bad! I should have read all the way down.

 

No worries. I really liked the question, had to think quite a bit to try and figure something out. I'm sure there's another case or two but I really can't think of anything else.

Batter comes to bat and gets in the box and ump calls play ball, manager of the other team yells out about an illegal bat. Ump checks bat and finds it to be corked or some other illegal issue...would the batter be called out? Thus ending the game and giving the reliever the save.

  • Author
Batter comes to bat and gets in the box and ump calls play ball, manager of the other team yells out about an illegal bat. Ump checks bat and finds it to be corked or some other illegal issue...would the batter be called out? Thus ending the game and giving the reliever the save.

 

Correct.

So you got to ask, why did Billy Martin wait until after the HR by Brett...just getting out without taking a swing :lol2: Of course I'm sure he was saving that bullet until he needed it, which he did after the HR.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.