Sweet 16 Attendance?

More than anything else I blame the economy. Add to this, everyone connected with the tournament tries to find out some way to lay the knife with charges. From the cost for parking to motel rooms, everyone wants to take advantage of the fan. If there are people who don't believe me then you aren't talking to fans who struggle just to pay their electricity bills. Hotels required a three night minimum to get to stay with their team. I can't afford that and many others can't either. Bottom line, the concession prices are enough to keep fans home.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than anything else I blame the economy. Add to this, everyone connected with the tournament tries to find out some way to lay the knife with charges. From the cost for parking to motel rooms, everyone wants to take advantage of the fan. If there are people who don't believe me then you aren't talking to fans who struggle just to pay their electricity bills. Hotels required a three night minimum to get to stay with their team. I can't afford that and many others can't either. Bottom line, the concession prices are enough to keep fans home.

I only attended the semi-final games and It set me back $30+ and that wasn't factoring gas or parking which were free for me. $5 for a box of popcorn? I wonder if Randy had a box or two?