Bardstown 75 Pleasure Ridge Park 70

It wasn't the dunk per se. It was the pull-up on the rim, the slapping of the backboard and the subsequent profanity in a later incident.

This, and I'm not sure that any ref would have let it slide. But, I know for dang sure that the one he said it to wasn't going let it fall on deaf ears.

He's reffing at the State Tourney, so needless to say he is well respected.

In the three region tournament games and tonight's game, the Tigers are 96-for-190 from the field, a nice 50.5 percent clip. Opponents have shot 40 percent or lower during that same stretch.

Edited by Jim Schue

For those that may not know, this was the first Sweet 16 victory in Bardstown's school history. They were 0-7 in seven previous tries. I attended and sat with the Superintendent and told him he was the first Super in school history to notch a state tourney win and he even seemed a bit reflective about that. Young and old wearing purple and gold were in attendance, this is really good for the community. I agree with the earlier poster about what Brewer is building here; little kids think they have a shot at the state tourney from the time they are about 4 years old; the youth programs are busting at the seams, there are not enough courts to hold all them players, AAU youth teams sprouting all over the place. Good stuff.

On another note, we are going to have to be a lot better closing down the driving of the lane and rebounding if we have a shot against CovCath. Seivon played great, but most of his 10 rebounds were in the first half. We forgot to box out way too many times in the last quarter.