Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Teams

Featured Replies

Anyone know of a AABC 17u Greater Cincinnati team that is still looking for players?

 

I'm 16, Lefty, 1b, of,p 6'0 160 I have played the last two summers in AABC, last year I played up and i also play for my highschool team.

Anyone know of a AABC 17u Greater Cincinnati team that is still looking for players?

 

I'm 16, Lefty, 1b, of,p 6'0 160 I have played the last two summers in AABC, last year I played up and i also play for my highschool team.

 

First off, welome to the site. That being said, let's talk about summer baseball. I suggest you not worry so much as to what afiliation the summer team is. Along with AABC, there is American Legion, USSSA, Connie Mack and many others. I do not live in the Cincinnati area but we have played many teams from up that way. On the Southeast side is American Legion Post 72 and Cincinnati Midland. On the Northeast side is the Fairfield Chiefs. Just across the river, Dayton has a team and their are I think at least two other Northern KY teams. There are lots of options in that area.

Unfortuately, most summer teams select their rosters the previous fall, however very few coaches will turn down a kid with some tallent and a desire to play. Most will give you a one on one workout.

 

You might want to look at some 18 and under teams, a lot of organizations jump from 16U to 18U since at 16 you are probably playing varsity or 18U competion anyway.

 

You might look up the following:

Bluegrass Baseball- Rob Sanders

Kentucky Coelnels- Walt Terrell

Kentucky Kings- Bob Mullins

Dayton Dragons- Joe Merrel

Kentucky Royals- ?????

Morganroth Baseball- ( Cincinnati ) Jack Morganroth

 

Good luck

Get in touch with Bob Myerhoff who coaches at Beechwood. He used to have the top under 18 teams around. I'm sure he is still involved with it, or can get you in touch with someone who is currently involved.

If you would like the name of the coach of the American Legion Post 72 you can send me a pm and I can put you in touch with him.

The KY Royals 18u coach is Ryan Ponotowski. Beau Brake will be assisting him. As mentioned before, I'm sure the Royals would welcome anyone who could improve their team. They play their home games at Boone Co. HS. For contact info, you can PM me.

FYI: There is a very good 11U Northern Kentucky team with two spots still available. They play in the Southwest Ohio League. Positive environment, good parents, teaching, good competition, private message me if interested.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.