FreakNasty's 37th district tournament preview

Let's do her......

37th district (all games at Campbell Co.)

First Round/Semifinals

Calvary Christian vs. Silver Grove

Feb. 27th 7:00

Calvary Christian (8-16 overall, 1-8 region, 0-6 district)

Silver Grove (16-10 overall, 7-5 region, 2-4 district)

Analysis

Pelle X 2. Silver Grove is just too much for the 10th region newcomers, who will get an early exit...

The Grove won their previous two matchups by a combined 31 points...

Projected Score

Silver Grove 73

Calvary Christian 58

Campbell Co. vs. Scott

Feb. 28 6:00

Campbell Co. (9-14 overall, 5-5 region, 3-1 district)

Scott (14-12 overall, 2-4 region, 2-2 district)

Analysis

This could easily be the most competitive of all the 10th region district games...

Campbell beat Scott by 7 in late Janurary....

Campbell, at home, will be too much, I think they get it done...

Projected Score

Campbell Co. 65

Scott 61

Bishop Brossart vs. Silver Grove(projected winner)/Calvery Christian

March 1 7:30

Bishop Brossart (15-11 overall, 8-4 region, 6-0 district)

Silver Grove (16-10 overall, 7-5 region, 2-4 district)

Analysis

Brossart has dominated Silver Grove twice in the regular season, winning two times by a combined 57 points.

Troy Cooper will be the difference, even though Brossart isn't exactly lighting the world on fire in Feb...

Projected Score

Bishop Brossart 68

Silver Grove 49

Championship Game

March 3 7:00

Campbell Co. (9-14 overall, 5-5 region, 3-1 district)

Bishop Brossart (15-11 overall, 8-4 region, 6-0 district)

Analysis

Win or lose, Brossart will be going to the regional, something that didn't happen with a hardluck loss last year against Pendleton...

I have been calling Campbell a sleeping jack for a long time (they aren't giants), I think 9-14 is deceiving, and I think Brett White will play huge...

I'm going completely against the grain on this one, and against an earlier matchup, (Brossart won by 14), I call Campbell 37th district champs...

Projected Score

Campbell Co. 56

Bishop Brossart 54

GOING TO REGIONAL...

#1 seed Campbell Co.

#2 seed Bishop Brossart

Campbell has better chance of beating Brossart than Scott does. IMO... in the first matchup CCHS had the lead at half and just came out flat. It will take more than Brett White, they need Marcus Clines to step up and play. But first they have to get by a tough Scott team.

All games at Campbell Co. Middle School.

I'm pretty sure the new 37th district coaches agreed to have the tourney at the CC middle school for the next five years. Good venue, recently remodeled and has more capacity than any of the other district gyms I believe!!

One thing we learned down this way is to never count out Coach Reitz

That doesn't change my assessment of their season, was Coach Reitz was just saving his good stuff for the districts? With all the expectations that have continued to surround the Camels at 13-13 they have underavheived, or are overrated. The observation will not change just because Coach Reitz is on the sideline.

That doesn't change my assessment of their season, was Coach Reitz was just saving his good stuff for the districts? With all the expectations that have continued to surround the Camels at 13-13 they have underavheived, or are overrated. The observation will not change just because Coach Reitz is on the sideline.

FYI--The Camels are 10-14, but have to be considered dangerous, if they can get by Scott in the district opener. Guess we will find out if Reitz has something up his sleeve tomorrow??

Scott has gotten out of there slump and i think they are coming together, like they did in the first half of the season, at the right time for districts. should be a dandy of a game between Scott and CC. Scott, this time, will have 2 of their starters in the line up that didn't play in the CC regular season game due to academic reasons. Good luck to both teams. Whoever wins this game, IMO, will still not beat Brossart but who knows anything can happen during tourney time...

Who says Brossart will be in the finals? The Grove is playing their best ball as of late, averaging close to 77 points a game. Beat Fleming by 7, Ludlow by 13 on the road and took Beechwood to overtime. They were tied 23-23 with Brossart last time before Corey Pelle got in foul trouble. I look for a closer game than most think.