Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

U.S. Considering a Drone Attack on An American

Featured Replies

A guy blows up a restaurant then hides in Pakistan, blows up a hotel then hides in Pakistan again, facilitates the bombing of US soldiers then hides in Pakistan. We locate him and he's in Pakistan playing Cornhole, he is no direct threat, just throwing bean bags at plywood so we do nothing...a few days later he blows up a theater and goes back and hides in Pakistan. How exactly do we deal with this guy?

 

I realize what you are getting at, so I guess I would answer this way: For the United States to track down and eliminate all Bad Persons its government would have to throw off all restrictions on its actions to do so, and it wouldn't even be able to eliminate all of them even if it were so unconstrained. I don't believe an entirely unrestricted government is desirable. I especially don't think the methods a completely unrestricted government would take to ensure Complete Security are remotely desirable as they would all but eliminate liberty. I think we are already seeing these unrestricted violations of liberties now. I'm fearful of its expansion at the expense of liberty more than I am of a Bad Person in Waziristan.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realize what you are getting at, so I guess I would answer this way: For the United States to track down and eliminate all Bad Persons its government would have to throw off all restrictions on its actions to do so, and it wouldn't even be able to eliminate all of them even if it were so unconstrained. I don't believe an entirely unrestricted government is desirable. I especially don't think the methods a completely unrestricted government would take to ensure Complete Security are remotely desirable as they would all but eliminate liberty. I think we are already seeing these unrestricted violations of liberties now. I'm fearful of its expansion at the expense of liberty more than I am of a Bad Person in Waziristan.

 

I don't think anyone desires an unrestricted Government, I don't. However there are times as we can agree that sometimes things do need to happen that everyone wouldn't be all happy about. I don't have issues with drone strikes or raids into other countries (ie getting Bin Laden), I do agree there needs to be some sort of overview and review by at least 2 out of 3 branches of our Government.

I'm with Habib I don't like the idea of one branch of the government determining the difference between a felony and an act of war.

I'm with Habib I don't like the idea of one branch of the government determining the difference between a felony and an act of war.

 

How about two branches? All three?

How about two branches? All three?

 

I'd much rather the Supreme Court make a ruling based on evidence presented.

I'd much rather the Supreme Court make a ruling based on evidence presented.

 

So nothing time sensitive could be carried out? :lol2:

 

How about a Federal Judge, would that work?

So nothing time sensitive could be carried out? :lol2:

 

How about a Federal Judge, would that work?

 

I think the accussed should be given a chance to defend themselves and if they refuse a trial then they trial should start without them to prove their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, like our system was meant to be.

I think the accussed should be given a chance to defend themselves and if they refuse a trial then they trial should start without them to prove their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, like our system was meant to be.

 

:lol2: if we could get them (terrorist) to come to court that would solve all of the issues!

:lol2: if we could get them (terrorist) to come to court that would solve all of the issues!

 

I'm not talking about foreign terrorists. I'm talking U.S. citizens. They should get their due process. A non-citizen on foreign soil plotting against the U.S. isn't given the same rights as a U.S. citizen.

I'm not talking about foreign terrorists. I'm talking U.S. citizens. They should get their due process. A non-citizen on foreign soil plotting against the U.S. isn't given the same rights as a U.S. citizen.

But a US citizen on foriegn soil should go to trial? While I don't disagree with you on this I just don't think in all cases it is practical to arrest them and bring them in to face trial.

But a US citizen on foriegn soil should go to trial? While I don't disagree with you on this I just don't think in all cases it is practical to arrest them and bring them in to face trial.

 

By practical you mean as easy for the government. Our constitution isn't setup to make it easy on the government to prove our guilt. We live in a country founded on the principle of innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof is on the government to prosecute a citizen in court and find them guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

By practical you mean as easy for the government. Our constitution isn't setup to make it easy on the government to prove our guilt. We live in a country founded on the principle of innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof is on the government to prosecute a citizen in court and find them guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Not sure how you jumped from what I said to that. I'm talking about physically getting a hold of them if they are hiding or being protected in some third world country, that is the hard part.

 

Yes prosecution is and should be the hard part.

Not sure how you jumped from what I said to that. I'm talking about physically getting a hold of them if they are hiding or being protected in some third world country, that is the hard part.

 

Yes prosecution is and should be the hard part.

 

If you refuse to appear in court there are rules to prosecute in that situation. I just don't think we need to make it easy for the government to kill a U.S. citizen.

If you refuse to appear in court there are rules to prosecute in that situation. I just don't think we need to make it easy for the government to kill a U.S. citizen.

I don't either.

 

Your trying to be argumentative and I'm not disagreeing with you. Just asking how to handle different situations.

So true.

Could you imagine Nixon with a drone?

 

Better yet, imagine J Edgar Hoover with them and the technology the NSA has. He would have dirt on dirt.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.