Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic at Holy Cross Predictions

Featured Replies

35th district game at the Finn.

 

Obviously, it will be a long night for the young Tribe team.

 

How bad will it be?

It will be a running clock....CCH by 30

Cov Cath will be just too much tonight. Game in the books by half time. Holy Cross just needs another year or two!

Will the fact that Holy Cross coach used to coach at CovCath help our hurt Holy Cross? Will they take it a bit easier on him since he used to coach there ? Or will that cause CovCath to want to beat them worse than ususal?

Will the fact that Holy Cross coach used to coach at CovCath help our hurt Holy Cross? Will they take it a bit easier on him since he used to coach there ? Or will that cause CovCath to want to beat them worse than ususal?

 

 

Well, I believe CovCath wants to win the game, simply because it's a 35th District seeding game and if they win this game, they win the number one seed in the 35th district.

 

Not a single varsity or JV coach who is at CovCath currently, was at CovCath when Coach Schrand was the JV coach at CovCath!

Well, I believe CovCath wants to win the game, simply because it's a 35th District seeding game and if they win this game, they win the number one seed in the 35th district.

 

Not a single varsity or JV coach who is at CovCath currently, was at CovCath when Coach Schrand was the JV coach at CovCath!

 

From what I've gathered by reading on here over the years is that you are the PR person for the program. I'm looking for the non-PR perspective.

From what I've gathered by reading on here over the years is that you are the PR person for the program. I'm looking for the non-PR perspective.

 

I don't typically weigh in on basketball matters but I'd be surprised if there are many people at CCH that harbor bad feelings toward Coach Schrand. He's got a lot of friends there still as does his son I'm sure. I doubt there would be any attempt to beat HC by a bigger margin because he's there.

 

Plus we don't want any HC people whining like all the people down on Beechwood Road are doing after a beating but my guess is they have a little thicker skin anyway....

Will the fact that Holy Cross coach used to coach at CovCath help our hurt Holy Cross? Will they take it a bit easier on him since he used to coach there ? Or will that cause CovCath to want to beat them worse than ususal?

 

From what I've gathered by reading on here over the years is that you are the PR person for the program. I'm looking for the non-PR perspective.

 

TOG is spot on. I'm sure some of the players know Schrand, but none of them have played for him. To my knowledge, none of the current coaching staff has played/coached with Ryan, either.

 

So unless Ryan can find a way to suit up and play against the Colonels, I don't think it has any bearing on the outcome.

I don't typically weigh in on basketball matters but I'd be surprised if there are many people at CCH that harbor bad feelings toward Coach Schrand. He's got a lot of friends there still as does his son I'm sure. I doubt there would be any attempt to beat HC by a bigger margin because he's there.

 

Plus we don't want any HC people whining like all the people down on Beechwood Road are doing after a beating but my guess is they have a little thicker skin anyway....

 

:popcorn:

HC and CCH have had some of the most hotly contested games over the past few years. This year is just not the case. Two great fan bases, coaching staffs and players groups. Expect respect!

HC and CCH have had some of the most hotly contested games over the past few years. This year is just not the case. Two great fan bases, coaching staffs and players groups. Expect respect!

 

I love TOG, CC, and Panda, and rarely disagree with either, but I can summarize my thoughts on their opinions like this: hogwash. I think HC gets ROLLED tonight, hard, and I do think there have been some things that have happened in the last 9 or 10 months (or whenever Ryan got hired) that have caused some friction. No, I won't expound on it...sorry in advance.

I love TOG, CC, and Panda, and rarely disagree with either, but I can summarize my thoughts on their opinions like this: hogwash. I think HC gets ROLLED tonight, hard, and I do think there have been some things that have happened in the last 9 or 10 months (or whenever Ryan got hired) that have caused some friction. No, I won't expound on it...sorry in advance.

 

Cov Cath is going to crush HC (what's new?) but not because of Ryan Schrand. Just my two cents.

Once upon a time I created a spreadsheet (dating back to circa 1997) which included every CCH / Holy Cross score. The Colonels were like 19-2. I might have to see if I can dig that up & update it.

I love TOG, CC, and Panda, and rarely disagree with either, but I can summarize my thoughts on their opinions like this: hogwash. I think HC gets ROLLED tonight, hard, and I do think there have been some things that have happened in the last 9 or 10 months (or whenever Ryan got hired) that have caused some friction. No, I won't expound on it...sorry in advance.

 

Love is such a strong word!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.