Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

15th Region Officials

Featured Replies

I've seen several 15th regional games this year and it seems to me that some of these refs don't know how to call. They also don't know who they are going to call for one game to the next. Even though they are supposed to be calling the game fairly for both sides. Refs are supposed to call a fair game and when a player does get a foul or walks/double dribbles then they should be called for it, it helps them learn.

 

I attended the Paintsville/P-Burg game last night and I think the officials just wanted to keep it a close game. It may be exciting but it is not fair to either side.

 

Also, I know that officiating is hard work, but you are trained to do it and do it right. The kids deserve that. With that said after watching last night's game, Mike Walker needs to get retrained and Wendell Wallen needs to hang up his stripes and definately that WORD FILTER VIOLATIONWORD FILTER VIOLATIONWORD FILTER VIOLATIONWORD FILTER VIOLATION whistle that he can't quit blowing. Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could do better. All you are doing is making it harder on the players.

If you think you can do better, go for it. I get so sick of people dogging officials. They are not bias, they don't care if the game is close, and they could care less who wins. Go walk a mile in their shoes and come back and talk, until then you have no idea. :fight:

If you think you can do better, go for it. I get so sick of people dogging officials. They are not bias, they don't care if the game is close, and they could care less who wins. Go walk a mile in their shoes and come back and talk, until then you have no idea. :fight:

 

I agree with what you are saying, in general. They may not be bias, they may not care if the game is close, and they may not care who wins; however...just like the stereotype that 15th region basketball is weak the refs of our region get the same tag-weak. I don't know if they deserve the criticism they get but watch a typical 15th region game and watch how much "physical" away from the ball activity goes on. Maybe this goes on every where but I have noticed this in the 15th. As for the 2 refs mentioned in this thread I'll just say "no comment."

You are right RNC..too much crap away from the ball...also....I have seen MANY shooters get hit while in the act of shooting with no call...this is a pet peeve of mine...if a players is fouled in the act..then it MUST be called...no matter what the score...the situation...the location on the floor..etc..

You picked the right name for yourself. How many big games have you called? I know Mike Walker has called many.

You picked the right name for yourself. How many big games have you called? I know Mike Walker has called many.

 

I have played several rounds of golf, but never broken 90. Just because you do something a lot does not mean you do it well. Reffing is just like any other job that requires quick decisions, you get the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. I'll let everyone else decide which catagory the refs in the 15th region fall under.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.