Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Week Zero BYE Question

Featured Replies

Tdy, we had a 10-game regular season, a pre-season bowl game and 4 play-off games those years. No byes.

We played 11 games in both 1980 and 1981.
We did too. I worded my post wrong, but what I meant was I think that changed somewhere around '86 when the post season went from 1 team from each district to 2 teams making it in.
Tdy, we had a 10-game regular season, a pre-season bowl game and 4 play-off games those years. No byes.

 

That explains why Christian Cty didn't own up to that loss in the Recreation Bowl. They see it as preseason. Lol!

 

Yeah I know we didn't have bye's, I was trying to remember after our time. JOAT probably remembers.

I think you are right. We had 11 game regular seasons in 1978, 1980, 1981, 1983 and 1985. We were actually in a sub-district for a few of those years and the first playoff game was for the district championship. For instance, in 1981, we finished the regular season 11-0, played Cawood for the District title and then played Highlands for the Region. We finished 12-1.

 

Maybe some teams were not in a sub-district and they were able to take that first week off.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.