Bishop Brossart 52 Bracken County 40 (10th Region All A Classic)

I'm told a Lady Mustangs player had 24 rebounds. Is that true?

Congrats to Brossart! :thumb:

Very possible...they had tons of opportunities. Brossart's length caused several ill-advised Bracken shots. Even when they got good looks at the basket, things just weren't falling. Congrats to the Lady Mustangs.

Lady 'Stangs move to championship game with a 52-40 win over Bracken County. Sophomore Emily Schultz had a monster game for Brossart with 12 points and a career high 24 rebounds. Seniors Abby Stadtmiller (15) and Sarah Futscher (13) led all scorers. Futscher also had 8 rebounds. Emma Conley led the Lady Bears with 9.

The game was close for the first quarter at 11-9 Brossart but the 'Stangs outscored the Bears 13-3 in the second quarter taking a 24-12 lead at half. Brossart led most categories but had 45-30 edge in rebounding. It was a well played game with only 12 turnovers between the two teams. The Lady 'Stangs outshot their opponents 36.7 to 26.7%.

Bishop Brossart, now 13-1, moves to Fridays Championship at 6:30 against the Nicholas Co./St.Pat winner at NKU

Bracken 10 2 14 14 --40

Brossart 11 13 10 18 --52

BC: Wills 8, Bell 3, Jefferson 7, Conley 9, Cummins 6, Woods 7, Miller 0, Brothers 0. Total 40.

BB: Young 1, Schultz 12, Futscher 13, Verst 8, Stadtmiller 15, King 3, Eisenmen 0, Shannon 0. Total 52.

3-pointers: BC 4 (Jefferson 2, Bell, Woods), BB 3 (Stadtmiller 2, King).

Records: Bracken County 9-3, Bishop Brossart 13-1.

Lady 'Stangs top Bears in All 'A' semifinal

I'm told a Lady Mustangs player had 24 rebounds. Is that true?

Congrats to Brossart! :thumb:

Sophomore Emily Schultz had 24. I had to look twice at the stat sheet. WOW! Hard to get that many with another great rebounder Futscher on the court with her.

Bracken is a good team and well coached. The Bracken girls bring the fans with them. Congratulations to the lady Stangs who had a nice turnout as well.

Good luck in the finals on Friday evening.

Sophomore Emily Schultz had 24. I had to look twice at the stat sheet. WOW! Hard to get that many with another great rebounder Futscher on the court with her.

Bracken is a good team and well coached. The Bracken girls bring the fans with them. Congratulations to the lady Stangs who had a nice turnout as well.

Good luck in the finals on Friday evening.

24 rebounds is crazy. :eek: