Clay 67 Corbin 61

Clay gets a good win tonight without Swafford. Dez showed up but just couldn't go...Very Bad case of the flu. Corbin stayed in the game all night. Coach Gray and staff made some very good adjustments at half to slow Crawford down. Crawford had 14 in the first half and 2 in the second. I thought W. Jones, Z. Lewis and Roy Hobbs played very well. Sizemore got the big rebounds as always, he's also fighting the flu. Clay's defense played much better in the second half with R. Jones & Hobbs stepping up. Clay looks like they will be tourney ready when Dez gets back to 100%.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win for Clay, good Rival Victory going into tournament time. Clay just hopes now this helps them instead of just lighting a fire under Corbin. :flame:

When Swafford gets back Clay will be able to snuff out any spark Corbin can strike up. :fire:

When Swafford gets back Clay will be able to snuff out any spark Corbin can strike up. :fire:

Hopefully that will mean less shots for Jones, who really put a hurtin' on the Hounds tonight. Swim needs to play better for Corbin if they meet again, he was not a factor tonight, but he was in foul trouble the whole game which may have contributed to his lack of production.

Someone needs to hit the outside shot to open up some space for Crawford. Does anyone know what pct. Corbin shot from behind the arc? Other than French, no one else really played well offensively for the Hounds tonight, but they did play hard.

Dont forget, if Clay wins district they are gonna possibly face South first game of the region, cause South will come in as a runner up! :eek: :ylsuper:

I'm sure that's what you guys in Corbin hope and pray for but if Clay wins the district they will not play South in the first game. One more thing, Clay fears none! :ylsuper:

I'm sure that's what you guys in Corbin hope and pray for but if Clay wins the district they will not play South in the first game. One more thing, Clay fears none! :ylsuper:

Clay could play South in the first round, but I really doubt they will if they win their district. :ylsuper:

Hopefully that will mean less shots for Jones, who really put a hurtin' on the Hounds tonight. Swim needs to play better for Corbin if they meet again, he was not a factor tonight, but he was in foul trouble the whole game which may have contributed to his lack of production.

Someone needs to hit the outside shot to open up some space for Crawford. Does anyone know what pct. Corbin shot from behind the arc? Other than French, no one else really played well offensively for the Hounds tonight, but they did play hard.

What does Swim normally average? I was expecting more from him with Swafford out. Jones will still get his shots, he must.

Hounds were 3-of-13 from 3-point range. Both teams shot horrid until the fourth quarter. Corbin shot 21-of-51 and Clay 20-of-57.

I'll say this Clay will need to improve its guard play tremendously if it wants to beat a team like South.